“great escape from the city for a day!”
Review of Argentina Polo Day

Polo Night - Polo Under the Stars
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Argentina is Polo, and only 45 minutes away from the city, you will find a beautiful place, with more than 200 horses for any riding level to learn and play polo yourself! Argentina Polo Day is the only attraction in Argentina providing a professional polo match to watch at 4 chukkers all year round! You will understand the rules of the game, you will learn the technique, you will get to know how polo horses are tamed. Our Polo Day is a complete day to experience polo in a professional, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. You will watch a live polo game any day, taste a genuine argentine BBQ with premium argentine wine, and experience the incredible feeling of playing polo yourself! No riding experience is required, because Argentina Polo Day is polo for everyone, everyday of the year! Our Polo Resort offers 2 polo fields, swimming pool and fantastic views to enjoy the day. Company provides transportation from Buenos Aires and back.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“great escape from the city for a day!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The whole day is planned really well. I was picked up from my hostel with the transfer and got to meet other guests in the transfer that I would be spending the day with. When we arrived we were given an really good enpanada that was done on the grill, much better than the ones I had tasted in Buenos Aires! This was followed by some good wine. We then watched a polo game between some of the club members and the grooms. It was really fun to watch. After that we had a really good parisia, ( argentinian barbeque). The meat was cooked to perfection and there was so much variety! Definitely a top meal whilst in Argentina! I also enjoyed the never ending flow of wine :) After we had eaten as much as we could we had a quick introduction to polo and a chance to play . The ponies were great and very easy to ride. I have ridden a lot before but there were some guests who had never ridden before but managed fine.

All in all a great day to escape from the city!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We were a group of four (4) college friends (males) looking at our options of things to do (football game or polo). We decided on polo based on the reviews and our expectations were met and then some. We were picked up on time, shuttled to the site where we were welcomed with empanadas and wine. Everything throughout the day was well orchestrated and centered around its participants. I would highly recommend this day long event!

Rayleigh
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Excellent day out, fun and good value”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

160USD per person included round trip transfer, barbeque, empanadas, unlimited wine and soft drinks, watching a match with professionals, and an hour on the horse learning to play yourself.
My partner and I have some horse riding experience and I feel we benefitted more from the day than others in our group who were complete beginners as there isn't really any tuition involved apart from
How to hold the stick once on the horse. We had a great time there is definately an experience to remember and you get a lot for your money!

ArgentinaPoloDay, Owner at Argentina Polo Day, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
We are very happy you had such a great day! We really appreciate your feedback to continue improving and meeting our customers' wishes.
We always believed that the most fun is to play polo freely (and securely) and we try not to concentrate much on techniques so we do not overwhelm beginners, however we already took your point and we are introducing new elements to the lesson. So THANKS! you have helped us to be better!
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Polo player for a day”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

What an amazing experience. While my friend and I were researching our trip to Buenos Aires, we wanted it to include seeing a Polo match. We came across Argentina Polo Day and thought it sounded too good to be true. When we checked the reviews on Tripadvisor and they were all great, we booked immediately.
We were picked up from our hotel in BA and were driven to the ranch, which is about 45 minutes outside the city. We arrived and were welcomed by an english speaking guide and the owner of the club. We got a tour of the house and grounds and were brought to the field were we sat under the sun and drank wine and watched the 3 groomsmen play against 2 club member and the owner. It was my first time seeing a polo match and it was amazing. Each guest got to throw in the ball to start the match. After the game, which lasted about an hour, we went back to the house and enjoyed a bbq outside. I am a vegetarian and they were very accomodating. After the meal, we got to get on horses and play our own game of Polo. I was nervous about how I would be on the horse but they were very gentle. We practiced hitting the ball and then proceeded to play a game. It was so much fun! There is a pool but we were so busy with the horses, we didn't use it.
Definitely one of the highlights of my trip.

Visited November 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience. A Must Do in BA.”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I traveled to BA in February, 2012 and came across the opportunity to learn/play a little polo through Argentina Polo Cay. I wasn't sure what to expect. It ended up being the highlight of my trip! The club is located about 40 minutes outside of town. They picked me up at my hotel. On arrival, an English-speaking guide met us and we (there were three guests that day) were given the opportunity to wander around the grounds. There is an asado area were lunch was being set up. A "club" area with a living area, restroom, and some beds upstairs for overnight guests, and of course, area for the horses kept on site.

After we were given drinks (It was a bit too early for the wine offered, and I wanted to be able to stay upright on my horse later.), we were led to the smaller of the two polo fields maintained there. A table and chairs were set up and waiting. Two teams assembled, and we watched a polo match. I knew nothing about polo, so it was as educational as it was entertaining. Our guide explained the rules as the game went on. Polo is much more intense than I ever imagined!

After the game, we had a wonderful asado cooked by the proprietor. It was great. Then the wine flowed. (I needed a little confidence for what was coming.) After lunch, we were given instruction on how to hold the mallets and generally the basics of playing the game, saddled up and went back to the field. Some balls were thrown into the field, and we started learning to play the game. (It's not nearly as easy as the veterans made it look, but not so hard that you couldn't whack a ball occasionally.)

After a half hour or so of getting use to swinging a mallet from the back of a horse, we divided into teams and played a game. Each team was filled out with experienced players. It wasn't a particularly competitive game (other than to Diego, who felt obligated to prevent my from striking the ball every time I seemed to have an opening!) from a scoring standpoint. We chased the ball up and down the field and occasionally, goals were scored.

It was simply amazing. I had never ridden a horse in such a manner, and when combined with the coordination it requires to hit the ball or prevent your opponent from doing so (defense plays a huge part in the game), I was completely absorbed. I played aggressively (I had Diego to contend with) to make up for my lack of skill. The experienced players toyed with me, but it was all in good fun. I had a ridden horses quite a bit, but that's not required. You play at your own pace. If you don't want to mix it up with the experienced players, you certainly don't have to.

After an hour or so of playing, we went back to the club for refreshments. Depending on how you play, the game can be pretty demanding. (And think about the horse!) Anyway, it was an absolute blast. I would have gone back the next day.

This is truly a don't miss experience. Argentina is the epicenter of world polo. This opportunity to learn and actually play a sport that is played in so few places in the world is really a treat.