See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2011

stayed here few times over my trips to buenos aires and i always found it ok for the location and the price, but the staff just seems not to care at all, zero helpful, they always seems to be stoned! (i ve been so often, checking in with the same guy all the times and still, he couldnt remember my face. i ve been working in hostels, and could defo remember a guest that was coing twice a month!!) i used to stay in the big dorm next to the reception, that was good when the bar downstairs was closed, otherwise soooo noisy. cleaned more or less, showers are pretty bad but hot... so over all... i m not sure! i wouldnt go because of the staff, but it s so central and good price....and at the end of the day it s a big hostel so obviously not perfectly clean and noisy...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2010

I have been on Giramondo Suites between 25 dec 2009 until 03 jan 2010 and I did not have any problem!! the location its perfect, the staff are very friendly and avaiable all the time and the room veru clean!! conclusion::: you can trust on Giramondo Suites hostel but pay attention Giramondo SuitesHostel its different that Giramondo hostel!! they are from the same group but the they are the same group the buildings are different!! good trip

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I stopped in Giramondo Suites which is related and next door to Giramondo Hostel. I admit, I am sensitive with noise at night. Due to I had read some bad comments about this place, I phoned before my stay and ask if it is true, that the place is noisy and the answer from the receptionist was "NO, it is quiet".. so I decided to book for 5 nights.. the place is OK, I mean it is worth the money for Palermo, but if you want to sleep at night, I would advise to stay away.. there is a bar in the ground level where they play loud music till late night... in my second night, I decided to leave the Hostel at 3 a.m. in the middle of the night and move to another Hostel. I was furious like devil and so so angry, because I had phoned and ask them about noise in the hostel before... when I went back to the place next morning and complained to the receptionist, there was no excuse, the girl was very bold and always said that the noise is not from INSIDE the hostel so it is not their problem/fault and if I would like to have a quiet place, I should go to a hostel in Belgrano or other part of the city..
1. for me as a customer, it is no difference, if the noise comes from outside or inside the hostel, the consequence is that the place is noisy and that I can´t sleep.. (at least I would have expected, that the receptionist should have gone downstaires at night and ask the people in the bar to reduce the volume of the music...)
2. I wonder, why they didn´t advise me from the beginning (when I phoned and asked about) to better stop in Belgrano, because then, I wouldn´t have to waste my time and money, to go there and move out again..
If you check out my tripadvisor profile, you can see I travelled to 62 countries. this is the FIRST bad comment I EVER wrote about a hostel. I returned already 3 weeks ago from Buenos Aires and I nearly forgot about it, but I think it is important for other travellers to know this results to avoid to get cheatened..
Silke Kämmerer, Frankfurt, Germany

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Kaffeetasse
Reviewed 15 November 2009

We stayed at Giramondo Suites various times because we traveled through Argentina and we always came back to Bs.As. It is clean and the staff always helped us in everything. Can be a bit noisy if you have one of the rooms close to the entrance, because the staff working there through the night listen to music or watching movies. The breakfast is o.k. You have bread, marmelade, butter, croissant and coffee. The shared bathrooms and rooms are clean. Matresses are from Ikea, so don't expect to much. Internet connection is really slow. Big roof terrace to dry your clothes. You can leave your biggest luggage in a closed room if you continue traveling and you don't want to carry everything. It was my first time in Argentina and we all liked the hostal. If I come back oneday I will go there again. The location is great, walking in 10 min to Palermo and next metro is 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2009

Compared to other hostels in the area, Giramondo is a bit tidier, but for the price it doesn't offer anything over and above other hostels in the area. It was pretty quiet when I was there so I didn't find it overly sociable. It's a pretty clean hostel though and some of the staff are really helpful. I got sick during my stay and the staff were great helping me re-book bus tickets etc. Noise can be a bit of a problem from the reception area though as there tends to be music etc playing until very late.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo