“Good Mexican Cuisine Here”
Review of Maria Felix

Maria Felix
Ranked #1,025 of 6,357 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Reviewed 27 July 2016

I've been here a couple times with my girl friend and we really like this place. The staff is friendly and attentive and the atmosphere is great, complete with a mariachi band. The food is great and reasonably priced. This is as close to Mexican as your going to get in Buenos Aires, but it's all good.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

If all you want is Mexican food, go to Mexico. Maria Felix offers a fixed menu for groups (2 choices of firsts and second course and 2 puddings). Includes a glass of wine or a pint of beer and coffee/tea. Good quality stuff. Private rooms for groups and great atmosphere. Including live mariachi group.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

my friend el colorado recommended maria felix to me it was so great food was delicious everything has been great lmitos were so good...margaritas just superb......

Reviewed 27 December 2015

This was another attempt to get some good Mexican food in BA, unfortunately we failed again. Everything we tasted in this place was under par... the guacamole was not tasting bad but almost liquid and full of large tomato pieces, the mixed plate (the specialty) was unsavory and some kind of second grade cheese was mostly replacing the expected salsa verde, the hot flavoring we requested was all but absent, two miserable tortillas were offered, and the margaritas were definitely far from the best in town. Very average and unsmiling service. A good point for the roof terrace though although it's also a good place to benefit from the noise of the air conditioning units. Can be avoided.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

I used to live in Buenos Aires when I was a child, have been back many times, and this has always been my favourite place to go to. Whenever we had a family outing we chose this restaurant!

I have been to Mexico and not only does this taste similar, it's BETTER. So much more generous, I love the variety of ingredients you get with the fajitas. It doesn't need to be spicy to be flavourful, don't believe the other reviewers!

Quesadillas, queso panela, sweetcorn soup, everything is exquisite, except the fried tortilla chips! They need to stop serving that ASAP!

The service as I recall was decent enough. The mariachis can be a bit annoying when they repeat the same songs, but other people seem to like it, so what are you going to do.