“Great meal and service”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Recoleta
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed the old-school Italian ambiance. The seafood was well prepared and a much needed respite from meat.

On a general side note about Buenos Aires: I wish I had read about or had been warned about the crime before my trip. Despite what some people claim, it IS NOT LIKE crime in big U.S. cities. But rather far more predatory and pervasive.

This link has some good details on scams: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1386161

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Visited on a Tuesday night at about 9:45. Place was busy, but not crowded. Server was attentive kept our wine glasses filled. The shrimp appetizer was amazing, and the fish entree was perfectly cooked. Desert was chocolate cake and ice cream, very well done with a mango foam. Then, a bonus treat of candied ginger and orange peel. Very much looking forward to going back.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

For the last 10 years we have been living in Buenos Aires and we have been dining at Oviedo a few times a year and always enjoyed it. Yesterday, for my sister's birthday, we went for lunch. What a disspointment!! The aircondition was not working properly, a terrible fishy smell welcomed us at the entrance. I felt like turning around and go someplace else. The tablecloth had holes in it and was not immaculate. Two of the white wines ordered from the list were not available and we had to put up with a wine which we did not know - in the end it was Ok. The bread was not fresh, the sticks tasted rancid. For starters we shared some grilled squid and it was good. We thought OK things are improving. Our 3 different fish orders were below standard. My salmon according to the menu should have been with leek - it had every kind of vegetable except leek. The coffee advertised as Nespresso, was anything but - we are used to this brand and know the difference.

Knowing that it was my sister's birthday, they had a nice gesture and brought a small dessert with a candle together with the ordered ones. It was nice of them, but it did not compensate for a disspointing meal. After this, I am certain we will not return again.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Great Menu, great service , a very good experience the meals where well balanced and the desserts and wines where well chosen

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I had dinner here and on arrival the waiter seemed ok. Asked if a glass of champagne was available and was told no, so had a still wine instead. However, he then proceeded to serve a 'regular local couple' a single size bottle! I ordered sea bream which was very nice but it definitely was not sea bream, it was red mullet! Mentioned to the waiter and he insisted it was sea bream- very odd!! My husband had very standard well done lamb chops which were meant to be medium and the vegetable was served burnt underneath and didn't notice until near the end of the meal. However mentioned to the waiter and he just smiled and offered more vegetable- at the end of the meal ! The waiters then proceeded to avoid us and hardly offered us anything further. We got the bill and not one waiter thanked us or said goodbye. This was a shame as the restaurant looks good and has potential but the delivery is not there