New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of 4reasons hotel+bistro

4reasons hotel+bistro
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Yalikavak
Furth bei Landshut, Germany
“Great location but missing spirit and passion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

When picking 4reasons hotel+bistro for one week out of 2 weeks of vacation in the Yalikavak area, the background was that me and my wife wanted to spent some quality time together in a boutique hotel at a great location in tranquility and style.

Upon arriving at the hotel we saw that the requirements regarding the location were definitely met. 4reasons is situated nicely in the hills overlooking the bay area of Yalikavak and the views especially during sunset are stunning.
The welcome by the staff was professional and we were guided to our room (Passionate room category, something like 180€ per night), which was looking quite...functional. This means, everything was really clean and neat and nice, but all the bits and pieces in the room were somewhat sterile and it was somehow missing that charm that you are looking for in a small, individual, charming type of hotel.

The pool area was nice, but crowded at day time due to the fact that the beach is quite far away and especially families take comfort in having such possiblity to swim and relax close-bay the room. This also caters for a decent level of noise which is somewhat distracting and hindering if you want to relax. Of course, this is highly depending on which time you are travelling in.

The food served at the hotel is good, but, at least for our taste, the cuisne was a little to global, with too few distinguished influences from the very region the hotel is located in.
This is probably also depending on the individual person, but, if I want to eat great pasta, I will go to Italy, while I would probably not head there for Kebab.

The service was good, yet, very professional which meant that we were also feeling like being treated as clients - missing this last bit of warmth which makes you feel "home" while being away. One thing which we were a little astonished of were the owners relaxing at the pool side together with their family and friends all day long and also dining there like being guests. This is something I have never seen in a boutique hotel before.

Concluding, this is definitely a nice hotel at a great location, but I think that the pricing is very ambitious compared to what you get.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sascha1982

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

I have travelled widely and yet keep coming back to this hotel. The staff are charming and helpful - Ali and Birol cannot do enough for you. The hotel is small enough to be intimate yet big enough to have a fantastic menu. I love this hotel and cannot recommend it highly enough. I'm going back this year for the third year running!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank louham62
St Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I travelled to 4 Reasons with my mother in October and we had what can only be described as the most perfect stay. We spent ages trying to find somewhere to go on holiday and trawlled the internet for many hours had very high expectations on arrival...and we weren't disappointed! Our holiday was faultless from the minute we arrived at the hotel, and were escorted to our room, to the minute we left.

The rooms were a perfect haven of calm, with fantastic bathrooms, clean linen every day and picturesque views over the bay. Breakfast was a daily treat with a vast choice of fresh, local ingredients. In fact, all the food at the hotel was faultless and we would quite happily have eaten all our lunches and dinners there.

It really was hard to leave the surroundings of the hotel at times - with such attentive staff, beautiful scenery and a variety of different areas to relax and/or sunbath there was very little reason to venture further afield.

The staff really were second to none and would do anything to help - when my mother was advised she was unable to fly and I had to leave her behind for 5 days, I knew she would be in the very capable hands of Ali and Birol. Nothing was too great an ask for the team at 4 Reasons and they have an incredible skill of making you feel at home.

In short there is nothing negative we could say about 4 Reasons - great value, staff, food, comfort...all in all everything you need for the perfect break. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank moira t
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I visited the 4 Reasons with my wife and daughter on a recent school holiday. We were very impressed by the rooms, the friendly and attentive staff and the quality of the food. However, I think the best part was the serenity of the location overlooking hills down toward the sea. Absolutely spectacular view at breakfast, lunch or the cocktail hour!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

This amazing hotel had been recommended to us by friends but I couldn't have begun to imagine the experience we would have. I knew from the pictures that both the location and the hotel would be beautiful but it exceeded my expectations in every way. From the moment we arrived, we felt like we'd stepped in to another world. The attention to detail from the owners and the staff is beyond anything that I have experienced. The rooms are fresh, clean, modern and chic with a distinct warmth. The staff are very attentive, friendly and professional. The operation runs so smoothly - they anticipate your needs without getting in your way. You are left to enjoy everything that the hotel has to offer. Everything that we tried on the menu was delicious. A very high quality culinary experience as well. One of our favourite things was to enjoy the evening sitting on soft pillows under the canopy with our evening cocktail. I somehow want to keep it our secret getaway but already know the word is out so wanted to add my voice to the chorus. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yalikavak
1.1 km away
Golden Age Hotel
#11 of 38 in Yalikavak
16.0 km away
Sarpedor Boutique Hotel & SPA

Been to 4reasons hotel+bistro? Share your experiences!