“Disappointing!”

Blue Star Hotel
Ranked #46 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I stayed at the Blue Star in August 2011. When my friend and I arrived it was in the early hours of the morning, we were shown to our room. The first challenge was that the lights in the room were not working and so hotel staff called the repair man, so intially we were stuck with our luggae hanging around waiting in the dark. The half board food menu was extremly limited and repetitive and there was no flexibility with the menu. I actually asked if i could have a fried egg in the morning with breakfast, I was told this would be extra and could only have a boiled egg. The towels were changed every two days to my surprise, I dont consider myself a snob but I expect the towels to be changed daily. The toilet issue I do understand a little more, however I did not like the idea of not being able to flush any toilet paper down the loo!!! Whether you do a number one or two you cannot flush toilet paper in the loo, seems a little nasty to me (poop paper in the bin, yuk). Dont get me wrong some of the staff were friendly and accommodating, but others were unhelpful and patronising. I asked a lady at reception for a kettle as I could not locate one in my room which again I presumed would be part of our package (NOT), she gave me a kettle that was not int the best of conditions and then asked me to bring it back after use!!!!!! To add insult to injury I asked her where the tea cup was and she informed me that I would need to buy one (cheek). The holiday was amazing, I would go back to Olu Deniz in a heart beat, the accommodation however was a let down and it was hard not to let this taint the holiday. It was three star supposedly, but I would argue that and say maybe a 1-2 star hotel. The rooms were extremly basic and sparse, restaurant staff were nice, the manager I did not take to myself! Where we stayed was by a strip of hotels and I kind of thought we drew the short straw as others had amazing night entertainment, where was ours?? We walked past hotels with singing and dancing we had none of that at all! Please consider carefully before going.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ayo D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
england
Reviewed 18 September 2011

stayed the 1st 2wks in september put us in a basement room after reading reviews this worried us a bit, but it was fine very spacious clean bathroom fridge pool area lovely this was our 8th time in oludeniz we will go bk to this hotel next year maybe try a delux 1st floor room oludeniz has everything you could want and more we no lots of people we meet every year like us who wont go anywhere else paradise

Room Tip: ask for a upper floor room and take your own hairdryer
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Stayed here for two weeks. Our room was basic but very clean, shower room was very good with a lovely powerful shower. We were on the first floor facing the pool.
Breakfast was a turkish breakfast with eggs, bread ect.. orange squash and water also provided as well as hot drinks.
Very friendly family run hotel.
The big problem for me was not the hotels fault, but the bars in the main strip were so noisy with loud banging music sometimes until 2am and this could be heard from our room.
If you use the pool bar in hotel make sure the barman gives you a whole bottle of beer as when I bought one he filled the glass but the quarter left in the bottle he never gave me.
Overall a good hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Avoid the standard rooms if possible as the furniture and beds we had were very poor.
The bathrooms are clean and modern and the maids do a good job coming in everyday.
The pool and bar area is pleasant and the hotel is in a good location for everything, though you can hear loud music from some bars till 12pm then it is turned down.
The breakfast selection here was also very modest.

Don't expect a shower and changing room to use before you go home as all there was to use was a cold shower in the toilet area next to the pool with no privacy.

This hotel is ok if you get it cheap enough but compared to others in Olu Deniz we have stayed at it is basic, but very clean and relaxing.

Room Tip: Avoid standard rooms, no view, bland, bad beds.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed at Blue Star for 2 weeks in August - lovely hotel with very friendly, helpful staff. We had a small room but others are available if you want a fridge and extra space.
Pool is very relaxing and the restaurant is one of the best in the resort.
We often had to wait at the bar for drinks during the day as Barman was doing other jobs or chatting to other staff. Also in the evenings the television was on in the bar area with turkish soap operas or dramas on which was a bit boring if you couldnt speak turkish.

All in all a good holiday, will certainly return as there was plenty to do and see around the hotel.

Room Tip: Book direct and ask for superior room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple