1,345 results
All reviewshalf boardblue lagoonturkeynext yearsaladair conpool barthe main stripboiled eggsresident photographerthomson repgreat holidayplenty of sunbedsbed and breakfastsmall fridgeboat tripcold meats
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I have just returned (12th May) From our 2nd stay at this Lovely Hotel. Last time was Oct 2008 and was a little unsure when hearing about the Hotel being split now into 2. But it was just as good as before. A few of the staff were the same and as friendly as always, even the new staff were great. This time i travelled with my husband, our 21month old son and my mum. My mum loved hef 1st visit as did our little boy, he loved the balcony area aswell which we often sat out on. The room has a double bed and a little cot in, Not that it got used as our lil one just climbed out. The staff were really great with our little boy and very friendly which put him at ease. They had a little play area up near to the reception which was a nice touch. This hotel is great for couples, as we were back in 2008 or for famillies as we were this time. I cannot reccommend this hotel enough, But as a previous poster said as it only recently started the season there was no Entertainment which we too were looking forward to the BBQ. The board showed it was all starting from the monday after we left so probably best to wait a few weeks after the season starts if u do not want to go out th ehotel at night for entertainment which would be a shame as there is so much out there to see. Already missing it and thinking of another holiday there :)

Room Tip: As the Karbel has split into 2 hotels now. The Karbel and The White Hotel there are no more Dungeon rooms so any room You get will more than likely be great. There are ground floor rooms of course but they have Balconies too which is what we had backing onto the pool which no noise bothered us at all.
4  Thank LondonDolphin_Lover
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We have just returned from our second year at this hotel. It has had a nice makeover, with a lot of money spent on it, and looked fantastic. The grounds are immaculate, the pool has been upgraded, and our room was one of the ones that had been recently updated, and was spotlessly clean. The staff remembered us from last year, which was very endearing, from the waiters, to the reception staff and even the maids. The only disappointment was that there was no evening entertainment this time, as the season seemed to start later this year than last. We did miss the barbecue and belly dancer, but having said that, it didn't spoil our holiday or enjoyment of the overall experience. The food option was excellent value, and provided a good variety, from Turkish to British food, there was always something you could eat. I am already looking to book again in September/October as am missing it badly, as are my husband, daughter and her boyfriend, who want to go again soon

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear blocks can hear the singing from the mosque in the mornings at 5am. It didn't bother me as I sleep through anything, but the blocks near the front of the hotel couldn't hear it as much.
5  Thank melmerthyr
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Myself and my boyfriend have just returned from the Hotel Karbel- May 2012. We absolutely loved it and had a fantastic experience. The hotel was spotlessly clean, with very friendly staff and had a lovely atmosphere. We travelled as a couple but would think the hotel would suit everyones needs including families and people of all ages. The hotel was in prime location at the top of Olu Deniz's main strip of restaurants and shops. The room we had was great, we couldn't complain. Although the room isn't very large it is definitely adequate with a large cupboard, dressing table, tv, fridge, bedside cabinet and air con. There is plenty of room for clothes and by the looks of the furniture it seemed new and fresh. The beds were surprisingly comfortable for hotel beds and the pillows were not extremely flat as seems to be normal abroad! The bathroom was also adequate and well decorated. The shower cubicle was small but there is enough room for one person and suits its purpose. We would also like to mention that contrary to some reports on trip advisor we saw absolutely no evidence of dungeon rooms in the hotel. We did however walk past the Karbel SUN hotel which did have dungeon rooms so I don't know if someone has mixed the two hotels up. The hotel room was spotlessly cleaned everyday and we were given clean towels every other day. The maid also made designs on the bed such as swans with fresh flowers every day which was a very nice touch.

The hotel has a large swimming pool, which is very cold but I think this is normal with swimming pools abroad! There was plenty of sun loungers and no one seemed to reserve them with towels. There is also a good bar area near the pool for drinks and snacks. No staff came round trying to sell drinks while we were there either. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis so can only comment on that food the hotel served. It was a continental style breakfast of meats, cheese, fresh bread, toast and cereal. The breakfast was nice but did get a bit repetitive so was a welcome change when they made omelettes once a week. You can also pay extra for a full english which we had twice and it was very good, with proper bacon and sausages.

We also had our photographs taken by Omer the hotel's photographer. He is very friendly and funny and did not push us to buy photos. He took some lovely, professional shots of us and we are really pleased with them so would recommend him.

All in all we had an excellent holiday at the Hotel Karbel and would not think twice about going back. I would recommend the hotel to anyone and could not fault it at all.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Swinfenw
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I took my 7 year old son for his first holiday abroad here, and was delighted. I cannot speak highly enough of the place. Great location, great staff, great place. I have already started looking to book here again for next year. If you want a nice family holiday, with great facilities, lovely staff and a nice central base you will NOT be disappointed. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the main beech with all bars, restaurants etc. on the strip just next the hotel. The food was great, the evening meals if you are half board are a buffet style, which was amazing. The hotel facilities were upgraded in the Winter of 2011/2012 and re-opened May 2012.

Room Tip: Rooms are small but do the job. They are air conditioned, clean and well maintained. TVs are not much use as they are only 12 channels and all Turkish but I don't go on holiday to watch TV.
7  Thank NickGiles_12
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I've taken the children back to the Karbel 7 years on the trot and we always love it. Choice of poolside and beachside, fantastic buffet breakfast and dinner make it a real winner.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family