1,350 results
All reviewshalf boardblue lagoonturkeynext yearsaladair conpool barthe main stripboiled eggsresident photographerthomson repgreat holidayplenty of sunbedsbed and breakfastsmall fridgeboat tripcold meats
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I visited the Karbel Hotel in July 2011 with my boyfriend for 7 nights. It was an excellent holiday, we enjoyed it so much we are returning to the same hotel this year but for 10 nights instead.
The Karbel is situated right at the top of the strip which is full of restaurants, bars and clubs. Our favourite place to eat was Buzz Beach Bar at the bottom of the strip. It is a very popular place so you need to book in advance or you may have to wait a while. Cherry Chow bar was a brilliant place which is open until the early hours of the morning. Alcoholic drinks tend to be just slightly cheaper than the UK; a large beer will cost 10 Lira and Vodka and Coke cost 10 Lira too.
I felt that next time I was to visit it would be better to enter Olu Deniz with a small amount of Lira and mostly GBP, as the exchange rate when I visited was 2.65 in the UK but out there they were offering 2.86 and 0% commission too!!
All the beaches are amazing, we visited the Lagoon, sugar beach, seahorse beach and Belcheiz Beach. All beaches have free entry apart from the Lagoon, but on all beaches you do have to pay 15 Lira for 2 sun beds and an umbrella. Food and drink are available at all beaches, most have bars on them too!!
The Karbel room we stayed in was in the 1st block on the ground floor. It was small but we didn't see that as a problem as there is so much to do in Olu Deniz that you're only in there to get ready and sleep. A lot of people seem to complain that the showers are too small, but we didn't find that a problem at all.
There was so much to do on this holiday and we felt that 7 nights was not enough. I would recommend the all day 12 island boat trip which was brilliant, we loved it. Also the Turkish Baths were good too! Paragliding seems to be popular but 3 English people died doing so when we visited, they don't seem to check their equipment they just chuck it back on their truck and head up the mountain! So we decided against having a go ourselves!
Overall it was a really enjoyable holiday and I can't wait to go back this year!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
12  Thank Sn1991
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We have been here for the last 5 years, each October for our wedding anniversary and the staff are brilliant, like old friends. The hotel is clean and comfortable. I cant believe some of the comments, I think some people must be on a different planet. We have lots of friends in resort as well and they are the most genuine, kindest people you could ever meet. Go to Sucre at Pioneer Travel down the main strip for your excursions and he will look after you. Visit the soap lady, now a dear friend of ours, she has a stall down the little market bit off the main strip. All the restaurants are good, we love Anpora and Secret Garden, but they are all as good. Do visit the man who does the glass blowing down the main strip, he is a lovely man and again has become a very good friend....buy a little ornament from him....its a dying art. Going back to the hotel we are always well looked after by reception (Ozzy and the young lady, cant remember her name), the waiters, all lovely and helpful, Omar the photographer..he is very good and never hassles you, the security lads always greet you and not fiorgetting the lovely cleaning ladies.. If I've forgotton anyone...sorry. The only downside for us is that Thomson now have the monopoly for this hotel and they really let the side down with bad customer service.

Room Tip: We always try for block 9
9  Thank 95ralphm
Reviewed 29 October 2011

hi,just got back home from karbel with my missus and we would def go back there. breakfast was really good compared to some places we,ve been to in marmaris,for instance.staff couldnt do enough for you,was end of season so they had time on their hands to have a game of pool (free) or sit and chat.speak a litle turkish and they will try and teach you more. in return you must teach them a little english.felt really welcome and recommend to anyone. enjoy yourselves, welshboy

Room Tip: try and get a room off ground floor otherwise no veiw from balcony
4  Thank welshboy110550
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at the Karbel hotel on the 16th October for 7 nights....
On arrival the receptionist wasnt very helpfull, we didnt get a welcome pack or anything but the staff do everything for you. They do expect tips, when we got into our room the man who brought our cases wouldnt leave the room and stood waiting for a tip. the weather on the first day rained all day but the rest of the week was red hot! think we landed lucky! You can hear everything in the rooms even when people go to the toilet! Also expect getting woke up at 6am every morning from the praying at the mosque down the road! The location was the best. It was Hotel, Shops, Beach! Everyone in the shops were nice and helpfull but some do follow you around which is a bit annoying. I wouldnt recomend going in the souvineer and jewlery shop and the end facing the beach where the bald man works he is very rude and charges silly prices! If you take a right from the shops down another little street with stalls on you will find 2 men who work there one who looks just like Peter Andre!! and his friend who likes to say 'Thats nice innit!!' 'Cheaper than chips, cheaper than shop lifting' he is hilarious!!
We went to the second pool rather than the main pool wich was much more quiet and kid free with fab views. We didnt eat breakfast at the hotel as we woke up late every morning and didnt think it was worth getting up for and the evening buffet wasnt much better with hardly no choice. We was a bit disapointed as on the last day waiting in the lobby for the transfer as we noticed in tiny writing it said ''A la Carte dining is free for all half board guest'' we was not told this at any point and the menu looked like the food we was paying for when we ate out at restraunts! That was only the main downer appart from that realy enjoyed the holiday and would def go back!

4  Thank JC2405
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I returned from Olu Deniz on Saturday 15th. As usual the hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff all very friendly and helpful. The weather was the only down side but only to be expected at this late part of the season.
I was there on my own but it really didn't matter. I ate out at different restarants in the evening which was quite an experience as a result of the rain!
I would thoroughly recommend the Karbel Hotel to anyone of any age.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo