See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 June 2016

a year ago my cousin invited me and my family out to eat, we are really in tight budget that month and we want to get the most of the money we have, so my cousin suggested to have a buffet meal at Marikina Hotel.

Marikina Hotel for what I know is supposed to be for a resettlement area project but did not push through and it is now converted to a hotel. The place is clean, the employees are nice and friendly and it is spacious.

But our main purpose to be there is for their buffet. Their buffet is not the expensive it is just 200 bucks more or less. Although they have wide selection of food, the food they serve are just simple common dished that we cook with our family. The foods are limited since the good one are not immediate being refilled. The drinks are separately bought and not included in the 200 bucks. The tables are closed together and you are tend to be sited with other guest. Since the table are closed together you have no privacy to talk with each other.

I still recommend this for back packers and short stay within the area of Marikina. The Hotel is still peaceful since it is located around good community.

Room Tip: This is good for Back packers
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

The Marikina Hotel is a super simple hotel but if you have an event at the beautiful Marikina Convention Center, this is the best place to stay. It has all you need, restos and spa's.:) And it is near the famous lilac food street of Marikina.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2015

We stayed for one night in this hotel. No toiletries given, no anything included, just the overnight stay, crappy towels and blankets.. For its rate, so not worth it.. Ate at cafe flora for dinner.. There are a couple of viands that are okay, the rest are just tasteless..

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank MCF08
Reviewed 24 July 2015

So my friend here in the Philippines took me to Marikina Hotel last Saturday for lunch. For 189.00 eat all you can, what can you expect, right? If you live near the hotel and lazy to cook you can just take your family to eat there. They have a lot of food that Filipinos usually cook at home like okoy, spring roll, menudo, ect. The gulaman drink in a small glass was not bottomless which is understandable for the price of 189. But I did not like that we had to ask the lady in the counter for a plate every time we wanted to get another food because she always asked for a stub and she always had to say, "Ah, another plate?" I been to a lot of restaurants for buffet but non of them kept the plates! And the man that was like the supervisor or something was not wearing a uniform. Oh, their spoons and forks were not so nice looking.
Make sure to go there with a car. I think it would be difficult to find a ride going out from that area. It was like inside residential area. The restroom was horrible.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank teacher b
Reviewed 30 January 2015

Okay you do get what you pay for this is more of a motel type experience
although I was pleased with the breakfast in room provided with the rate and the staff were generally friendly and accommodating the two times I stayed here
It is not a 4 star resort folks but if you need accommodaions in the area it would suit you as long as you know going in it is an average hotel at best
cleanliness could improve and bathroom is quite dreary no view to speak of but I did feel safe and as I was visiting with folks in the area this worked for me
Not too far from hopping and some dining options and River banks area
sometimes you just have to step off the 4 star train and experience a moderate hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends