“Pricey but worthwhile”

Bar Pintxos Tapas y Mas
Ranked #42 of 385 Restaurants in Muntinlupa
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Bar Pintxos, a Basque-inspired restaurant, was small, family friendly, and casual, tucked in the back of the Don Gesu building, that featured a regular Pancake House restaurant up front. Since there was no discernable signage from the street, locating it was a challenge. In spite of this, Bar Pintxos’ popularity has apparently grown, purely by word of mouth. Now, I know why. Their featured tapas (small plates) and pintxos (mouth-watering creations built on a small toasted slice of bread) were simply scrumptious. Everything was made from the freshest ingredients. We started with an order of lamb paella (the size was was just enough for one hungry person) & tender Pulpo a la Gallega (octopus) to share. Then we took our time selecting individual pintxos, each one unique and delicious but by no means cheap, considering I could have fitted one entire pintxo into my mouth in one great big bite (cost ranged from 45-240 pesos a piece). Our group talked ourselves into ordering the most unusual thing on the menu—Gulas al Ajillo--basically a bowl full of white round worms (imported surimi eels), cooked in olive oil and chili garlic, and served with slices of toast on the side. At 330 pesos, it was a pretty good deal. It took me all of 10 minutes to muster the courage to sample this rare delicacy…I closed my eyes…took a bite…and swallowed. Quickly. The eels were definitely delectable, but their slippery texture was just a tad disturbing. Oh well. At the very least, it was an “experience.” I ordered their one available beer on tap, Pintxos Pale Ale, while my y husband had a refreshing goblet of Sangria. Both drinks complemented the flavorful food quite nicely, but a few choice wines were also available. I must say that even though serving sizes were on the small side, the food was quite rich, so we did not leave the table hungry. Service was friendly and efficient. My final verdict: pricey, but worthwhile.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Sangria was so good, getting slow drunk was perfect.

Tapas selection topnotch, and the service was great.

Now, about that air conditioning....

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

After our recent trip to Spain, we were having a tapas hangover and bar pintxos was highly recommended. Unfortunately, it's a little too hyped for the reality of the place. Food was good for a Spanish restaurant in the Philippines. Unfortunately, value for money was poor. I am usually more forgiving in my reviews to Filipino restaurants but another huge minus of this place was the bad acoustics, two tables beside us were noisy and I literally could not here anything from anyone in my table. We had to shout at each other and the whole dining experience was a mess.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Last time I was at Pintxos I was happy to see that they expanded their area to take in more guests, a clear sign that 1) they have the full backing of the local community, and 2) they have a great thing going. It is still a good idea to make a booking especially if you are coming from afar because it is always full, especially on the weekends because they truly serve great pintxos and tapas. Last time I was there I tried their beef cheeks which were great both it quality and value for money. Two thumbs up for expansion of space and food selection.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Found this local bar in the south that is cozy enough for my friends to hangout. A bit pricey but the selections are not the usual things you get to taste in an ordinary bar. The tapas and pintxos we good and were sold by the piece so we got to try different kinds. The salmon with caviar and lamb paella were my favorites. They also served locally crafted beer. We will be back.