“A gorgeous villa by the sea - where the wind sings”
other travellers have booked this property
Absolute beachfront  om an absolutely beautiful day! Approaching Villa Nilaya from the East
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Absolute beachfront  om an absolutely beautiful day!
Approaching Villa Nilaya from the East
The view towards Candi Dasa from our sea deck
Al fresco dining
Beautiful infinity pool overlooking the sea - just a few steps away from fantastic snorkelling
casual living downstairs
spacious and airy dining and living areas
Learn to cook Nilaya cuisine with our cooking school
We specialise in delicious East Balinese flavours
shady and secluded nook to snooze and read whilst you overlook the shimmerig sea
The timbered yoga verandah 15 x 5 m , with yoga equipment for 18  - suitable for yoga retreats
Fresh coconut juice as you gaze out to sea
It really is this colour !
Bliss
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Lelle T
Bali, Indonesia
“A gorgeous villa by the sea - where the wind sings”
Reviewed 17 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

This villa is enchanting - a place of such happiness! It is physically so beautiful - with spacious rooms and cool breezes coming off the sea at the bottom of the garden. Lovely pool and deck and lush gardens. The decor is a wonderful mix of old and new Indonesian with splashes of Jaipur colour amidst comfortable nooks to lounge in. The staff are friendly and cannot do enough for you. The food is delicious and there are nearby cafes and restaurants if you want to venture out. Tours can be arranged with carefully vetted tour companies and staff may take you to their own villages! My friends and I felt such comfort and a feeling of home in this unique place - I never want to leave and will be back and back and back! ahh - and I must not forget the massages !!

19 Nov 2017
On behalf of the entire Nilaya family, I thank you for your warm words. It is indeed a unique experience to step out beyond the slick tourist areas and experience a level of authenticity which makes staying in East Bali especially memorable. I'll be delighted to share you review with all the staff!
Anita R
“Beautiful, but not worth the money and hassle”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

A group of three of my friends and I booked Villa Nilaya back in July for an August trip. As we had a last-minute change to our plans, we were having trouble finding a place that would accommodate us with such short notice. The villa was expensive, but it looked beautiful and we are running out of options. Still, we were extremely excited, as it looked gorgeous. We emailed the host Anna to ask about activities and food allergy accommodations, but did not hear back from her. We emailed again, but still received no reply. As the date got closer and Anna still ignored our emails, we reached out to Airbnb to let them know that the host was not responding. Immediately after we contacted Airbnb, Anna wrote back and said she was offended that we had reached out to Airbnb. We replied to her email with several follow up inquiries, but again recieved no response. We were about to depart, so we sent another email in hopes that she would respond. She never did.

The arrived at the Villa and were immediately blown away at its beauty. The place was huge, with beds and furniture in abundance. We figured it easily could accomodate 10, which confused us as to why there was a $46 extra charge for each additional guest after the first three. The bathrooms were large and beautiful. The wait staff was extremely courteous, though rather reserved. We ate our first dinner at the villa, and the food was good.

After the first dinner, we began to plan out what we wanted to do during the remainder of our stay. The Villa offered several packages, but they seemed extremely expensive for Bali. For example, a trip to Nusa Lembongan cost 1.8 million IDR. We did the same trip on her own for slightly under 570,000 IDR. We figured the Anna must be taking a large chunk out of the cost for herself, as there is no other way but the trip could be this expensive. Other trips had similar price discrepancies, so we decided against booking through the villa.

Overall, it just seems like we are being nickel-and-dimed. For example, when one of our guests was unable to join us, we ask for a refund at the extra $46 and were refused. Also, the food was good, but not outstanding. For the price that we paid, we could have gotten a three-course meal elsewhere. Again, we feel like the owner was taking a large chunk out for herself. When we wrote a review mentioning this later, Anna's response was that we clearly didn't have good taste buds, as a French couple had eaten there earlier this year and enjoyed it. Her implication was that Americans must not be able to recognize and enjoy good food.

Other small issues included the fact that the floor was dirty. The Wi-Fi was not very strong, which we needed to get work done. And finally, the entertainment center did not work. The remotes had no batteries. We bought batteries, but then found out that the TV was programmed in Indonesian. After messing around for a while, we figured it out, but then realize it most of the DVDs or missing or scratched. On the day that we were to leave, we mentioned that we are on the tight timetable. 5 minutes before we walked out the door, we were handed a bill that included all the extra food and drinks that we had eaten. This was mentioned beforehand, which was fine, but the fact that we only had fivr minutes to review it made us unhappy as there was a mistake in the math. By the time we had the mistake figured out and it given them the cash, we were a half hour late.

After we returned home, we left a moderate review on Airbnb. We mentioned the difficulties we had, but were generous with the praise and left an overall positive review. Anna immediately flagged the post for removal, and for some reason Airbnb agreed to do so. This left such a poor taste in your mouth, that I felt compelled to give it an even lower review on TripAdvisor. This is such a beautiful place, that it's a shame the owner couldn't treat the best better. The three of us have received only excellent review for my other Airbnb hosts Anna was the only one who took issue.

We would not recommend staying at Villa nilaya, unless you have money to spare and do not need to communicate with the host.

16 Nov 2017
Thank you for another opportunity to respond to your comments about your stay at Villa Nilaya. I have 'heard' your frustration in trying to contact me whilst I was out of reach, and we now have a secretary for such times.
In regards to value for money, I'm sorry that you found it lacking, however , your comments are anomalous in comparison to the many other favourable reviews. It's difficult to comment further without understanding your expectations. Yes, the villa is extremely spacious, but this is a luxury in itself, as is the private beach and absolute beachfront view. It was never designed to accommodate 'ten people'.
I personally make great effort to promote East Bali, and provide extensive cultural information to guests prior to their arrival so that they may further research and best maximise their time in this region. There are many, many ways to visit the surrounding area, including other islands. Having sustained many personal injuries over the many years of touring in Bali, I take personal safety very seriously. 'Safely First' is the prime concern of any tour guides I introduce to our guests, and I only recommend experiences which I have personally tried and found to offer excellence. As guests, you are perfectly at liberty to engage any guide you wish, at your own risk.
I continue to stand by the recommendations I offer, for value, excellence, cultural depth, good English explanations, exceptional food, vehicles and service.
As for your experience of dining at Villa Nilaya, I cannot offer any comment, as this is, indeed, one of the highlights for the majority of our guests. Our trained chef specialises in East Balinese cuisine, and will always be happy to accommodate personal tastes where possible.

Finally, Airbnb reviewed your review and found that it transgressed their guidelines. They informed you of this by email, as they did also to me.
yearlytri...
Sydney, Australia
“Bali Heaven!”
Reviewed 22 September 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

My sister and I stayed here for 2 weeks in May/June and we were totally spoiled.
The villa is in a lovely quiet area just out of Candi Dasa which is one of my favourite places in Bali, lots of restaurants and shops but has retained the village feel I love about Bali. You will not have to worry about food as the meals are great at the villa abut very close by a 2 or 3 really lovely small warungs that I would highly recommend and they will come and pick you up.
The villa is extremely comfortable and the staff are great. The pool is amazing and shaded in the afternoons which was certainly appreciated.
If you are looking for relaxation but not too far to go for some night life then do yourself a favour and stay here. The owner Anna is just divine and happy to arrange things for you.
We loved it so much I have booked again & taking the family

16 Nov 2017
Thank you, THANK YOU for your generous and delightful review which brings to life our village and the lovely staff at Villa Nilaya. I am most appreciative of your taking the time to share your experiences with the travel community.
Henry W
Mosman
“Beautiful Bali Getaway”
Reviewed 26 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

We were so pleased to arrive at this villa. The photos don't represent how spacious and beautiful the place is. It has so many different areas to relax in, different areas to eat, and an amazing deck directly over the ocean. The staff are friendly and provide sensational food as well as being trained masseuses.

This part of Bali is so nice as it is far from the usual tourist areas. Step out the door and see Balinese people going about their daily lives, chickens, pigs, cows wandering on the streets, but also restaurants and cafes within walking distance.

We were really impressed and would definitely come again.

5 Feb 2017
Really glad that you enjoyed yourselves Henry! Thank you for this warm review, I will share it with our four special staff who make it all possible.
da_griswa...
Canberra, Australia
“A beautiful and tranquil private villa”
Reviewed 12 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Our family and grandma had a wonderful stay at Villa Nilaya. The staff were attentive and discreet and we had the perfect peaceful stay we were looking for. Thanks to Wayan, Ketut, Tiini and Kadek for looking after us. Noyman took us out on 3 day trips and I recommend his services if you are staying at the villa. We visited Klungkung, Amlapura, and Virgin beach and had a great time on every trip. The trips aren't too long, so it was perfect for the young kids.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Sunrise and sunset on the front deck.
Liked least: Green pool
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
25 Jan 2017
Thank you for this informative review. I'm so delighted that you not only enjoyed Villa Nilaya , but the wonderful environment of Beautiful East Bali.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing