“fantastic!!! will be back.”
other travellers have booked this property
Absolute beachfront  om an absolutely beautiful day! Approaching Villa Nilaya from the East
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Absolute beachfront  om an absolutely beautiful day!
Approaching Villa Nilaya from the East
The view towards Candi Dasa from our sea deck
Al fresco dining
Beautiful infinity pool overlooking the sea - just a few steps away from fantastic snorkelling
casual living downstairs
spacious and airy dining and living areas
Learn to cook Nilaya cuisine with our cooking school
We specialise in delicious East Balinese flavours
shady and secluded nook to snooze and read whilst you overlook the shimmerig sea
The timbered yoga verandah 15 x 5 m , with yoga equipment for 18  - suitable for yoga retreats
Fresh coconut juice as you gaze out to sea
It really is this colour !
Bliss
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Julienne4
Perth, Australia
“fantastic!!! will be back.”
Reviewed 25 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

staff, setting, overall experience is fantastic. our first visit and hopefully not the last. plenty of places to eat. manager got us a schooter to rent and it made easy to o to town. restaurants will also pick up and drop off .

Liked best: view..
Liked least: none..
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Large groups
25 Jan 2017
So glad that your experience last year was a pleasant one with us in Bali.
We apologise for this late response, but thank you and wish you all the best for 2017!
Scottbott...
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Stunning total experience of relaxing pleasure”
Reviewed 21 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

The villa is an oasis of aesthetic pleasure, beautifully designed with every need catered. Anna was amazing beforehand in assisting us in arranging our perfect holiday. Her advice was invaluable. We were met at the airport by the wonderful Suryana who drove us wherever we wanted over our 2 week stay. Mudi met us at the villa to arrange our lovely white water rafting & cycling tours. The staff at the villa were incredible, nothing was too much trouble. The food was beautifully cooked & even surpassed local restaurants. A daily massage in the yoga studio was bliss, before relaxing on the sun deck watching the world sail by. The swimming pool was perfect, particularly as it was a hurdle going into the sea with sharp coral & shells. Snorkelling was fun though, with lots to see. An amazing holiday made perfect by Anna & the staff at Villa Nilaya.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Every need was thoughtfully anticipated & taken care of.
Liked least: Leaving.
Your age range 50-64
Large groups
25 Jan 2017
We want to say ' hello' to you and remind you of your wonderful holiday at Villa Nilaya Bali Beach - thank you for your lovely review, and welcome back anytime !
Safari578...
“Wanted to move in!”
Reviewed 20 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

From the start of my conversation with Anna, it was awesome! She answered all my questions in timely fashion and was very helpful!

We arrived to this beautiful Villa and were greeted by Kadek, Katut and Tini, who were so nice! They attended to all of our needs and made us yummy food and kept the villa looking great! I loved the turned down bed service every night, I wish I had that at home :-)

Kadek and Pedro even went surfing. One day while taking a walk in the hills, I ended up falling and busting my knee open, when I arrived back to the villa, Kadek broke out the first aid kit and fixed me right up!

We loved everything about this Villa and will be back again!

27 Sep 2015
I'm glad we didn't need to get the doctor in for you Elke! but Villa Nilaya is a wonderful place to recuperate - even if it's just from too much travelling, so we really look forward to seeing you back in or part of Bali soon!
Caroline...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Another amazing holiday at Villa Nilaya”
Reviewed 10 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

This is our second family holiday at Villa Nilaya having just returned from a 2 week stay. We have all loved our time again and feel like we have been away for several weeks. The villa remains lovely, clean and well-kept and has had a few new additions since our visit last summer such as a water feature and massage table in the downstairs garden room.

Ketut, Tini, Kadek and Wayan work tirelessly to ensure that the house, pool and gardens are well looked after and that your needs are catered for. You barely notice them around the house and are not obtrusive in any way but there to help whenever you need. The food was still of a high standard and we ate in the house a lot, enjoying breakfast and lunch in the garden, afternoon tea on the verandah plus our evening meal at the huge candle-lit dining table.

We all had plenty of massages which we highly recommend to the sound of the ocean. No relaxation music needed here!

There is plenty to do in this part of East Bali. Located on the outskirts of a traditional village there are a number of places to eat at a reasonable price. One day there was a ceremony which we dressed in sarongs to observe. Candidasa has plenty of shops and restaurants being a 5 minute drive away.

We went by boat to the nearby island Nusa Lembongan, drift snorkelled, cycled round the island and went by boat through the mangrove forest. It was a day to remember. We also went to Amed further up the coast famous for scuba diving and snorkelling, going via Tirta Gangga and Ujung - royal water palaces. We spent a great morning walking through the local countryside on a trek with Kadek and Wayan visiting Kadek's family then on to Tenganan a traditional Bali Aga village.

Having said that it is hard to drag yourself away from Anna's beautiful house filled with gorgeous one-off pieces of furniture and original artwork. Reading on the antique day bed looking out onto the garden and sea is memorable as is relaxing on the bale on the sea-view decking. My personal favourite is snorkelling in the coral directly outside the house. We all saw a tremendous variety of colourful fish, every swim we found something different. The coral is well developed and we enjoyed snorkelling here as much as anywhere else recommended in guide books. The pool was spotlessly clean, we swam in it day and flood-lit at night having great fun.

We have returned home and are currently planning our next visit to Villa Nilaya......

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great friendly staff, amazing location next to sea, beautiful house
Liked least: Nothing really
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Sep 2015
Thank you for your greatest compliment - returning to visit us at Villa Nilaya! We've loved welcoming you back to our special part of Bali...and send you every good wish until you return again.
yomta
Haifa, Israel
“Feel like on a boat, without the sea sickness!”
Reviewed 22 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

We booked this villa as one of our 3 stops in Bali, even if not in the ideal location as we had already spent 4 nights in East Bali, we picked it simply because the trip advisor pictures were stunning, a Balinese villa *on* the sea, really? at this decent price. It was my husband's choice and I was reluctant, mostly due to the location, but boy was I wrong.

First the booking experience was excellent, Anna the owner was super responsive and extremely informative, I wished I would have met her just for the pleasure to thank her in person (she was not on site when we visited, but she kept being really responsive by email, which felt great). I was a tad worried of paying everything in advance by paypal, but nothing to worry about, this is an absolutely honest and legit business.

We booked transportation to the villa from Amed via Anna, which was a good idea since the villa is not obvious to find, and with a driver familiar with the villa, my two teenage daughters are I arrived really easily (my husband and elder son arrived on their own at night after finishing their dive in Amed and they did get lost a bit.)

The first impression when you arrive to this quite remote villa was incredible, you enter and you have this huge living room (with no walls to speak of!) opening on the yard, pool and sea, you get the wind of the sea right in your face. The blue deck right on the sea is gorgeous, you just to lay there and never go back inside. You can go down to the sea directly from the deck via a side door and a few slippery steps. Bring some shoes or sandals to get it the very transparent water and snorkel to see the corals and fish (no beach there and the sea was wavy when we were there so be careful, no for young kids, but excellent for teenagers and adults).
You can shower just on the deck and then go back up and relax on the blue deck or any of the many rest areas in the villa.
Feeling asleep in the downstairs master bedroom with the sound of the waves is awesome. I just regret that I was not brave enough to leave everything open (no danger here, just my own fear) but even with the wood blinds half open is great.

There is a staff on premises, which I was a bit worried about as we are a bit uncomfortable with having people serving us all day long (not my cup of tea) but the staff is so kind and discrete that it really was no issue. I had to get used to have the cooks (Ketut or Tini depending on the day) asking us what we would like for breakfast or lunch or dinner, but you can really get used to this great level of service. The menu is a maybe it's a bit repetitive if you have dinner or lunch there every day of your stay, but do it a few times it's worth it and you don't feel pressured at all to buy your lunch or dinner in the villa, if you buy outside and bring it, the cooks will even help you set the dishes.
Also I cannot recommend the massages enough, the cooks are also trained masseuses and Tini gave me my best massage ever. An hour long massage on the upper deck with the sound the waves and the gentle care of Tini (for someone like me who usually does *not* like massages), the scents of the massage oil (that we bought afterwards) pure heaven!

Now don't get me wrong, in spite of all the luxury aspects, this villa is more genuine that outrageously luxurious. I have been in way more luxury places and this place does have some rough aspects (I did take a shower at one point with a spider, you can't avoid things like that in an open air bathroom open to a very nice walled backyard, and the constant sea breeze makes everything humid and a bit sticky) but it adds to its charm. Also the concrete wave breakers destroy the gorgeous view a bit, an issue in all the area, but nothing dramatic. Villa Nilaya has something really special, you just want to be there and relax, it is almost magical. Anna has added her personal artistic touch everywhere and it shows, you are surrounded with beauty.

The only negative point was maybe the mattress way too firm to my taste, some might love it (my husband did) but really really too firm for me. I would recommend to Anna the awesome owner to keep some spare softer mattresses for people like me who only like half firm.
Also the pool was cloudy, not dirty as Anna makes sure everything is really thoroughly cleaned in the villa everyday, but cloudy, we told Anna and I am sure she will try to solve this, but as a result we never used the pool which is kind of a pity.

The other thing to take into account is that Candidasa is not the most attractive location in East Bali, and the villa is quite remote (the only trip we took from there is to the nearby white sand beach .. for a break from the villa's pebbles and to the incredible Pura Lempuyang, worth the 1000 steps exhausting climb). So if you come there, just stay there and relax.

Bottom line, only two minor inconveniences (the mattresses and the pool), all the rest is extremely positive, definitely above expectations given the relatively moderate cost of the night. It's perfect for couples of friends or families with young adults as we were (we took the parent master bedrooms downstairs) and our 2 daughters (17 and 21) shared a king size bed, while our year old son took the 3rd bedroom upstairs (careful narrow steps for the upper floor with 2 bedrooms so again not adequate for toddlers).
I strongly recommend it

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The stunning beauty of the villa itself mixing with the natural beauty of the sea
Liked least: the mattresses being way too firm to my taste
Families with young children
27 Sep 2015
I'm always very grateful for any comments which can help us improve our service, so thank you for taking the time to note this all. I'm glad you were able to get used to the wildlife! Good advice about the plastic sandals for getting into the beach and I believe we've got the pool issue under control, so 'thank you' for recommending a stay at Villa Nilaya!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing