All reviews the main house spent nights hardy pools wedding guesthouse mountains hosts estate wine veranda
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

After spending a vast amount of time looking at guesthouses in the stellenboch I chose Orange ville as the reviews were good and the Web pictures lovely . First impression was great lovely spot and met by Hardy the owner and shown to our little cottage which was cute
I noticed the cottage next door had a Bria so I said great and was told that's Not yours you have not got one ! OK but later by the pool which was rather dirty there was a Bria for guests to use which I was not told about otherwise would have went out and got some meat . Poor communication I feel. I could not remember if I had booked breakfast to be honest but was told what time breakfast was fine.
When we went for breakfast we were told that we were on room only but could have breakfast extra No problem . Got seated and we were asked how we liked our eggs and my wife said what she wanted but I don't eat eggs at all and I got no reply if they could get anything else for me !
Poor hospitality . No English breakfast but not a issue but No Menu on the table so unsure . So all I had was 2 bits of toast as the meats and cheese was very limited and to be honest it needed thrown out looked disgusting. After staying many more places after Nothing compares to that truly awful experience hence we didn't have breakfast the final morning.
You may think Iam being picky but just Honest with my experience.
For the money Not value at all Sorry

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Our last stay on our trip through South Africa was at Orange-Ville Guest House. We got the suite there consisting of a living room, a fully equipped kitchen, a bath room and a sleeping room. Ther was also a nice terrace with a fireplace. Hardy, the host, welcomed us and made a great effort to manage our wishes. He organized several transfers and gave us an experienced information about the wineries to visit. During the breakfast you felt as if you were part of the host´s family while looking across the large garden of the accomodation.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2016

The booking proces was friendly and efficient even though we changed our booking from a single room to a room with two single beds. The reception when we arrived was very pleasant, we got a small tour by the owner who took a lot of time to show us around, bringing in an iron wasn't much trouble either.
Breakfast the next day was nice and cooked to order. The views during breakfast were absolutely stunning!!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2016

The room was nice, the property was beautiful and green. Breakfast was awesome and the staff very friendly and helpful: they gave us advice about the available wine tours. The place is on the way to Franshoek, about 5km away from Stellenbosch.
It is expensive if compared to the average prices of the country.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We stayed at Orange-Ville guesthouse for a friend's wedding nearby and thought it was great. The bungalows are spacious, clean and quiet. It has a nice pool, too. The location itself is great, only about 10mins from Stellenbosh and next to some great wine estates like Tokara.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple