All reviews the main house spent nights hardy pools wedding guesthouse mountains hosts estate wine veranda
Reviewed 30 September 2015

My wife and I found this place due to its close proximity to the wine farm Molenvliet where we were having a wedding over the weekend. the guest house is situated within a horse stud farm. The guest houses are run by a nice friendly gentleman and his wife and they really went out of their way to assist us. they offered us a shuttle service even late after midnight which i really thought was great gesture. I do think that the lodges are slightly on the expensive side but all worth it in the end with the great service we received. the breakfasts in the morning were neatly presented and tasted really great. the surrounding areas do make this lodge well worth the visit as it really is a beautiful place that i was unaware of.

Overall a great experience and I will certainly stay there agin if I need to stay in the area.

Room Tip: The Lodges are closely packed together so I would suggest the 2 lodges that are separated from the others
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2015

We were looking for some reasonably priced accomodation for a wedding in Zorgvliet and were lucky enough to find this still available.

The host was SO accomodating, and really went the extra mile, including shuttling us back and forth to and from the wedding well past midnight - although it is very close to Zorgvliet, I wouldn't think it is in walking distance, and taxis tend to be a bit unreliable at that time of night.
We were truly grateful for helping my friends and us out.

the rooms are very comfortable with everything you need incl tea and coffee which was nice - INCREDIBLE massive bath which I wish i had more time to enjoy.
We were unfortuantely hit by a power failure right before we were due to leave for the wedding -no fault of Orangeville, rather South African happy realities. and hence arrived at the wedding with dripping hair as unable to blowdry. Worth checking when the schedule of load shedding is.
Beautiful scenery and setting and breakfast unbelievable - massive choice of both continental, fresh fruit and cooked english-delicious and much needed!

Only reason i haven't marked it as excellent is due to the price, which I thought was pretty high, but I think it is something of the norm for Franshoek region.

Room Tip: We had the room just behind the kitchen which did wake up fairly early (I am a light sleeper though) i would request a room further away for more privacy. Beautiful scenery and setting
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2015

My girlfriend and I recently visited Stellenbosch on our trip to South Africa. We stayed at this bed and breakfast over the new year and we enjoyed our stay (except for all the gunfire at midnight!!). There was two pools to relax at and to do a spot of sun bathing at and the gardens are very nice. It was a perfect spot to base ourselves while we toured the wine region and er sampled it's many many delights!

The owner is a very pleasant German man, we never spoke to his wife. He recommended a very good nearby vineyard where we had dinner. The room was a good size and well decorated with a mini bar to store our purchases! There was a French press, but I could not find any coffee to put in it which was a bit of a shame. There was also thankfully wifi, we found that a lot of places in South Africa did not have it or expected you to pay for it!

Breakfast was fine but nothing special I was only made aware of a 'hot' option when I had filled my plate and sat back down. I didn't want to seem too greedy! We left too early on our last morning to get breakfast. When we visit South Africa and Stellenbosch again in a couple of years I would be happy to stay there again. I would also be more than happy to recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed 10 January 2015

we had originally booked this place for just one night, arriving from Johannesburg by plane and traveling further along the garden route.
however, after waking up, having some coffee by the pool and a lovely breakfast and a nice chat with the owners, we immediately wanted to extend our stay. unfortunately there were no rooms available for the next night, so we settled for an extra night on the return of our trip (we were not the only ones with this request, our french neighbor at breakfast had the exact same idea - sadly he also had to be disappointed).
upon learning that we hadn't made all of our other bookings yet, Hardy gave us lots of advice about what to see and do, and even called some of his friends to make bookings for us. all in all he spent more than an hour talking to us, making calls, looking things up. quite exceptional!

before booking we had some doubts because of some negative reviews on tripadvisor, but looking back we are very glad to have ignored them. it sounds as if those people stayed at a totally different place!

stéphanie&edwin

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edwin r
Reviewed 7 January 2015

We stayed 2 nights at this excellent guesthouse in wonderful surroundings with view to the mountains. The guesthouse with 4 spacious apartments are separated from the main house, where the tasteful breakfast are served . Nice pool just outside you room and free wifi in the pool area and in the room. The host family are very friendly and is ready for a good advice for win tasting. The site is only 15 min drive away from Stellenbosh or Franschhoek with good restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple