“Good vibe, good food”

Ranked #164 of 295 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Price range: USD 3 - USD 14
Cuisines: Cuban, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Cubaña is South Africa’s only authentic franchised social caffé and eatery which offers intricately made & exquisite tasting cocktails (172 cocktails); a distinguished yet tantalising cuisine, breakfast serving from 7am to late night snacks until 11 pm. We offer all kinds of cigars from aromatic flavoured cigars that suit main stream demands, to elite Cuban and Dominican Cigars for the connoisseur. We stock the widest range of hubbly flavours.
Reviewed 10 August 2017

The food was awesome, well worth a pop in, came for drinks stayed for food! Try the Calamari, the Rib Basket and the Buritos basket...

Reviewed 21 April 2017

Arrived here on a Monday night after a big rugby match at the University hearing that it stayed open late

The large drinks menu needed a torch to be read and there was an issue over non availability of cocktails
When the chosen one arrived it was "interesting " and one could have been capable of driving having consumed many !
Got the bill and left
#staff training required

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Friday evening went to the restaurant with a friend. I had a beanie on it didn't even cover ma whole head. And I was told at the door that I can't go inside with ma hat on. That took me by surprise, Ohk because I wanted to actually have a meal there I decided u sit outside. With ma beanie on. We waited for waiter for 10 minutes then she finally got to us. We got menus and I asked to speak with the manager.
We ordered a bottle of wine, I saw my waiter speaking with the "manager" he just looked at us then looked at away. We waited about 30 minutes, ma friend decided u go and asked as holding our waitress back
. I don't know whether it's because we black, cz we were disrespected. I mean we went there to spend our money. It was my first time going to that place and believe me I will never set my foot there again.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

The food was fine, the service was average and other diners were allowed to smoke indoors, both sheesha and cigarettes, which as a non-smoker was very annoying to me. I think it attracts a university crowd who may not mind these annoyances.

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

We thought we would go to Cubana for a quick cocktail and snack. Our experience in other parts of the country had been better. We had to beg to get service. The drinks arrived and half the food. We tried to call for a waiter but they where in a meeting. All the waiters sitting outside. Seems that there is serious attitude in this place. The manager / owner not sure which he is spent the whole hour on the phone when we where there. It seems they are not interested in the mid afternoon clientele. The best thing that we had in the restuarant was the bill. The waiter never seemed to care. It is an absolute shame.

1  Thank Michael M