All reviews cape town wine fields welcome drink superior room luxurious rooms honeymoon suite cheese platter beautiful place stayed longer special thanks beautiful garden glass of wine only stayed one night short drive breakfast was delicious stunning views a lovely stay
Reviewed 15 September 2014

My husband and I spent the weekend at Wedgeview. Its the perfect spot from which to explore the Stellenbosh wine route, while also offering a relaxed, quiet sanctuary after a long hard day of wine tasting. The rooms are excellent. The service is polite and friendly. Overall excellent value for a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2014

Many places claim 5 star but few actually live up their claims - Wedgeview certainly did! The setting is wonderful, the gardens and rooms beautifully done, no expense spared at all. Breakfasts and service fantastic. Although they allow children, it is so tranquil; the pool and facilities cater so well for children that you can relax amongst the children without feeling over run by the noise factor. The spa treatments were great and the spa, small but perfect.
We stayed in room 15, which was superbly finished, TVs in lounge and bedroom, big bathroom, the bath robes and bedding were rich and lushes. However, I think the garden rooms would have been perfect as they have a view and this just has a court yard but great for a family room. I need to find out where they bought their mattress from- fabulous. The only thing I could fault was the 3 course dinner - over priced and lacking in flavour, the beef was very tough and took so long to come and then they served my son lasagne saying we had no choice and that was dry and tasteless, so I wouldn't recommend the evening meal. But they don't tend to serve evening meals every night, so that is immaterial really. Honeslty one of the best stays we have had in the Cape, we were pleasantly surprised and we will come back. Loved it!

Room Tip: Garden units with a view.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2014

Couldn't recommend Wedgeview more highly. Truly dedicated and welcoming service from ALL the personnel. Those buffet breakfasts were the best I've ever enjoyed - Parma ham, Camembert & made to order hot breakfasts too! Lovely setting, great location amongst some of the best wine farms (you can see Jordan!), and beautifully decorated rooms makes this an easy 5-star rating for me.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms with thatch, vaulted ceilings are gorgeous!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I booked a stay at Wedgeview for my Fiance's birthday. Their winter packages are absolutely amazing and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to experience a 5 star hotel. The hotel is situated in a quiet area of Stellenbosch away from all the students and tourists, however it is close enough to quickly pop into town should you need anything. The hotel is on a beautiful piece of land with views of the vineyards and mountains. The gardens are beautifully maintained and the pool area is the perfect place to relax by.

The garden room we stayed in was really massive with a kind size bed, under floor hearting and a full bathroom (big shower and bath big enough for two people). The room also had a flat screen tv with some DSTV channels, free wi-fi bar fridge and coffee / tea making facilities.

The spa at the hotel is housed in a separate building off to the side of the property. This makes it incredibly peaceful and quiet. The treatment rooms were large in size and beautifully decorated. I had a full body hot stone massage and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great massage and just what I needed. The spa also has a sauna and gym for use by hotel guests. I used the gym and what I loved is that the windows overlooked the vineyards and mountains - took the chore out of exercising.

The hotel serves supper each evening, where they have a meal of the day. There isn't a menu for supper but it is nice that they offer this so that you don't have to leave the hotel to get food. I didn't have supper while staying there but the meals of the day sounded amazing. The breakfast service was fantastic. There was a buffet of cold meats, cheeses, pastries, baked goods, cereals and yoghurt and also a good selection of hot breakfasts. Really delicious food!

All in all, the staff were fantastic, the room beautifully and spot clean, free Wi-Fi access all over the hotel (even next to the pool!) and the grounds well maintained. This is a perfect getaway spot of couples. For families, I think the children will get a little bored as there is only the pool to keep them entertained.

Will definitely visit again!

Room Tip: Choose a room upstairs if you want views of the mountain and vineyards from your room. Garden rooms have a view of the garden and little pond on the estate.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My mom and I went for a weekend on a special deal. What a place!!
Love the chocolate and turn down service!! The theravine products in the rooms are divine!! Stunning, large and nicely decorated rooms. Amazing shower!!! Beautiful views! Amazing breakfast! Lovely massage and steam rooms!! In a quiet surroundings in the middle of the most amazing wine farms in Stellenbosch. I'm really hoping to go back again one day!! Such personalised service with such friendly staff. When we arrived we had a letter addressed in our names! Small details that count!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family