WedgeView Country House & Spa
USD 118
Bonne Esperance(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
USD 84
USD 71
The Stellenbosch Hotel(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
USD 129
USD 89
Oude Werf Hotel(Stellenbosch)
USD 149
USD 138
Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
USD 111
USD 114
USD 1,083
USD 1,021
Agoda.com
Lanzerac Hotel & Spa(Stellenbosch)
USD 338
USD 328
All reviewswedge viewcape townwine fieldswelcome drinkpresidential suitesuperior roomluxurious roomscheese plattersouth africastayed longerspecial thanksbeautiful gardenglass of winebeautiful roomturn down serviceonly stayed one nightshort drive
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Wedge View. We arrived late for our Spa treatment and they were kind enough to arrange us another session.The rooms are spacious, clean homey :-)> we would definitely go back given an opportunity. Great service and food..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Having travelled already a lot, I have never experienced such a service and and true hospitality. One often refers to "walking the extra mile", but the staff at WedgeView is surely beyond that, they walk an extra marathon. I must congratulate the owner for being so hands on and every one at WedgeView. A sincere thank you for making our stay so unbelievable. Needles to say I can strongly recommend this accommodation when travelling in the surroundings of Stellenbosch.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stefaan V
Reviewed 28 September 2012

After a warm and busy day in Cape Town, we arrived at Wedge View and what a view. One just felt the peace and tranquility engulf you. We were warmly welcomed by Richard and shown around the gardens and offered a very welcome drink, which we took out in the gardens over looking the mountains in the distance. What a way to start a holiday. We were then shown to our room and we really appreciated the comfort and attention to little details. Our family arrived soon after us and we all enjoyed being included in a very wonderful, friendly and tastey braai, served out on the patio. A wonderful end to a very special day. We spent 4 days at Wedge View and although our days were filled with seeing the sights of Cape Town, we so appreciated returning to a warmed room, beds turned down and a bed time treat. Thanks to all the staff at Wedge View for making this such a special visit and certainly a place I could return to.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Luxuary Garden suit which was very comfortable, but if wanting a view, the front rooms would be a better option.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed 13 September 2012

By far one of the most amazing stays we have had overseas at a B&B. Great staff, food, and wonderful grounds in the middle of the vineyards make this an authentic and amazing winelands experience. The staff was courteous and accomodating and eager to please. We enjoyed spa treatments which were great and relaxing. This was a great value and an amazing place to stay. Definitely stay longer than a night!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2012

An events company arranged this for for my small team conference.I immediately did the usual before I entrust myself to an establishment - went in here for reviews and pretty much liked what I read. I was not to be let down last week.

The reception from Aneil was warm,the wine offered splendid,the fire roaring and our rooms spacious and the bedding comfort very welcome indeed.
My steak was one of the best I had ever had with my colleague's fish also great.
The underfloor heating for the carpet was great but the bathroom tiles could just not get warm in my room 11 for some reason & I always forgot to report this in the 2 days I was there.

The small conference facility also had a roaring firepace for us with a lounging area for breaks & a DVD player & TV with CD's laid out-amazing! And so we went right ahead & played ourselves some Ms Wawick during our tea breaks.

During my 2 hr spa treatment I caught myself snoring a few times-it was such utter bliss!

Things to note:
-The road from Polkadraai turns into gravel but quite "drivable".
-Pack your own electric blankie in Winter - I really would recommend that a small establishment like this get their own - the extra comfort at a small cost would add tremendous value
-Perhaps get the guests to choose their lunch options as they do dinner so there are no surprises

I am a fan all the way.

Room Tip: Loved my superior spacious room 11 with the best bathroom ever!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
DaveBakker, Owner at WedgeView Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Lerato,
Thanks for your lovely and positivefeedback. We really appreciate it when guests share their experience at WedgeView.
I think you might have turned on the wrong underfloor heating switch for the bathroom, because there are actually two switches, but we'll make sure it's on next time!
We'll look into the lunch options idea for Conference lunches too, because we do also have a light lunch a la carte menu available for our guests.
We will also look into the electric blanket idea. It is though the first time that someone has actually mentioned this to us.

We hope to see you back soon at WedgeView, because we love to look after our fans!

Thanks and kind regards,