All reviews wedge view cape town wine fields welcome drink presidential suite superior room luxurious rooms cheese platter beautiful place stayed longer beautiful garden glass of wine only stayed one night short drive breakfast was delicious stunning views a lovely stay
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Although we only spent two nights at WedgeView they were among the highlights of our trip to South Africa. From the moment we arrived everyone strived to make our stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Although the weather was not exactly perfect, we made the most of the facilities, the super location and splendid views. The height of our stay was a delicious 5 course dinner to celebrate the launch of a new red wine - excellent fare and very good company. Thanks to Dave, Anouk and all the staff for making our visit unforgettable

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Wedgeview is a beautiful Country House with excellent views and accomodation. During our stay we found the staff very attentive and helpful. We would thoroughly recommend it as a place to stay for value for money and the surrounding area. It is also situated within easy access to Cape Town and Stellenbosch. The breakfasts and the view. The rooms are fantastic. The spa is great and the overall service excellent.

Room Tip: very difficult to say as they are all excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Coming from Zimbabwe we had the most amazing six night stay! From the minute we arrived to the end everything was perfect. The rooms are excellent and sooo comfy, the breakfasts were delicious, everyone there was friendly and helpful, the garden so peaceful, the lounges were relaxing especially when it was cold and sitting in front of a lovely warm fire and the Spa was a special treat.!! Wedgeview is definitely the place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I can't rate this hotel highly enough. The room was large and beautifully furnished. The staff were lovely and accommodating and really made our stay really special. I would recommend a visit to the spa - very reasonably priced. Many thanks to Dave, Patty and Eneil for a wonderful stay. Quick tip - if you don't want a big meal outside of the hotel, ask the staff for their cheese and meat platter and a glass of wine. We had ours in front of the fire - bliss!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Wow, what can I say? This has got to be the most sensational, remarkable and special place I have ever been to.

I got married last Thursday at 401 Rozendal and chose WedgeView as my accomodation of choice for the bridal party and family. We moved in on the Wednesday and from the moment we arrived until we left on the Friday EVERYTHING was nothing short of amazing. The staff are exceptional, the grounds are immaculate and no matter how hard I try I cannot find one thing to fault.

Breakfast on the patio is outstanding, the rooms are ALL clean and spacious. rest assured you will be seeing me and my now husband every single year on our anniversary!

Gina and Warren

Room Tip: all the rooms are amazing but by far the Honeymoon Suite on the top of the stairs is the best:)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family