“Lunch”
Review of Tokara Restaurant

Tokara Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 278 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View details, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Leading contemporary South African restaurant located atop of the picturesque Helshoogte Pass outside Stellenbosch, included on the 2014, 2015 and 2018 Tripadvisor Travellers' Choice SA Fine Dining Top 10 list. Within the first year of taking of the reigns of the Tokara Restaurant kitchen, chef Carolize Coetzee won the “Haute Performance Award” as South Africa’s most promising chef in the 2020 JHP Gourmet Guide, while the restaurant has been included in the authoritative The World’s 50 Best Restaurants new “50Best Discovery” list for 2020.
Reviewed 17 March 2021 via mobile

This restaurant ticks all the boxes! Exceptional views. Good service. Rachel our waitress gave some excellent recommendations on what wine to have with each meal. I had the best vegetarian (is was actually vegan) meal I have ever had. The kale dish was out of this world! To add to the great views and food, you can also see some great art works. This is definitely a MUST to visit and enjoy a meal.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank G6444YCpaulah
Write a reviewReviews (1,475)

Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

We visited by accident,I made wrong booking,so glad I made the mistake,we went for Lunch,the setting absolutely Stunning,food,what a Wonderful Wonderful experience.
Service excellent
Will be back

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

Made a quick visit to the Cape. Tokara is always a must for us. Best way to end our weekend break. The kids also loved it. Great food. Great service. Best wine. Best view.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Momtravel42
Reviewed 12 January 2021

We had lunch at Tokara and were pleasantly surprised with the beautiful view but most of all by the amazing food.
I had the best pork belly I have ever eaten and I would like anyone to let me know if they have tasted better elsewhere.

We will be back, with friends, to share this experience!

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank AnitaC3306
Reviewed 27 December 2020 via mobile

The views from the restaurant are breathtaking. Pair this with some amazing food and you have an ideal combination.

I order the pork belly with the side of crispy potatoes and it did not disappoint. For dessert had a lovely raspberry and chocolate layer cake.

The service was great and was feast experience overall. However, on the pricey side of the scale.

Date of visit: December 2020