“Simple but has potential ”
Review of Smitswinkel

Smitswinkel
Ranked #24 of 53 Restaurants in Oudtshoorn
Cuisines: Deli, Cafe
Description: Farm Stall, Gift Shop, Bakery, Wine cellar,Coffee Shop, Restaurant , Pub&Grill, Large Kiddies Play park, Farm Setting, Accommodation
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The up side is certainly the good prices. I think this is what will keep it as a popular destination. The down side is that even on a quiet day service was slow.

The decor is basically the same that you would expect to find in any Karoo town. Slight overuse of recycled old car parts and rickety furniture. We have found that from Barrydale to ladismith to calitzdorp to Oudtshoorn this is pretty much the standard look in the Karoo. Quirky and fun but the food needs to live up to it.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Our 2 night stay at Smitswinkel was a pleasant surprise! I had read the reviews here and was very apprehensive. Well all I can say to keep this short and simple is that if you haven't been there, do yourself a favour and visit. Well worth it. Not boutique hotel style but still very new, clean, tidy, comfortable and friendly staff. The restaurant is also worth a visit, good food and great vibe...quirky and lots of paraphernalia. I would highly recommend Smitswinkel!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Go back in time... enjoy the displays of old children toys & the large selections of all types of motorbikes. Much to do for old and young alike...

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I could walk around this shop for hours and hours.. such wonderful quaint items could have spent double to what I did.. and a great place for a snack as well..

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

There was one blonde server. No idea what's her name because she didn't introduce herself, she just said: "follow me" and started walking, but she was rude, dismissive and pretentious. She acted and looked at us like she's god‘s gift to the world. We couldn't find our waitress to pay and she was the first person we saw. We asked her where we can pay and she rolled her eyes and said: "with your waiter." Recommendation for smitswinkel: Fire her! Clients don't need her kind of rudeness. The food was fantastic even though it took so long to get to us. A lot of people told me the service was slow so it wasn't that big of a shock to me.