“Birthday party at Jemima"s so special!”

Jemima's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in Oudtshoorn
Cuisines: African
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Dear Pierre, Frank and Debbie and all the cooks!

Thank you so much for all your trouble to make my birthday extra special on 28 May! I asked you at a very late stage if this would be possible, without hesitation you said with love and I never thought that it would be so special! Champagne, all the sweet you can think of, warm soup, salty snacks for all our taste buds!!!! You spoiled us too much!

From my heart, thank you so much! You are a great team and we are so fortunate to have you in Oudtshoorn!
Blessings for the rest of the year!!

jemimas94, Owner at Jemima's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Hanlie ,
It is because for guests like you that we have gone into the hospitality industry
You make it so easy and you appreciation is noted , thank you for your business is valued ,
trust you will have a great year ahead

Kind regards
Jemima's Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,024)

Reviewed 29 May 2018

The decor, service, food, and wine were wonderful. Apparently the owner actually gets his own meat for the restaurant. It was our first time trying ostrich and Kudu which was offered as a combination plate.

jemimas94, Owner at Jemima's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Guest , we love it when you love it !!!
We build the places so that you as visitor may have fun and relax ,Décor done by Debbie and I , Wine list by me and the food by Debbie , and yes I do harvest my own Venison ( with the utmost respect )
Ostrich come from the local farmers
On your next visit please have a look at your new guests house " The Bright House " & ' House Jemimas" for your stay
Kind regards Pierre Debbie and THE JEMIMA TEAM

Reviewed 12 May 2018

food and service was excellent a nice comfortable restaurant
well worth a visit and like most of south Africa not expensive

1  Thank stevej007

We do try our best , please have a look at our new Guest Houses ' THE BRIGHT HOUE ' & '' HOUSE JEMIMAS "

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We had an ostrich steak in Jemima’s restaurant in Oudtshoorn, the home of all things ostrich. In Victorian times the town was the center of the production of ostrich feathers which were the height of fashion and many local families became very wealthy. Today it is not so much the feathers that are the money-earner but meat for the table. The ostrich steak, first time for both of us, was delicious. I have two comments. A choice of a green vegetable to add colour and taste to the dish would have been welcomed. My final comment concerns the seats. We chose to sit outside but the seats are plastic and as everyone knows if you sit on plastic in a warm climate you sweat and it is uncomfortable. Cushions should be provided. My comments must not put people off eating there. We asked a local where we should eat before we arrived and he recommended Jemima’s: he was not wrong.

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for dining at Jemimas Restaurant Oudtshoorn

Reviewed 17 April 2018

We had dinner at this restaurant the week before the KKNK. When odering a certain steak dish on the menu, we were told that that dish is no longer available because of the feast. I still cannot understand. Had to order somehing far more expensive. Then we ordered whitw wine per glass and the win was hot. Were told that the supplies brought the wine too late and wasnt cold. Why were we not told in advance about the dish that wasnt available, why were we not told in advance that the wine wasnt available.
There are so many good restaurant in Oudtshoorn, and i really think Jemima must close their doors because a femine greet at the door doesnt guarantee a good experience. No will not recommend

1  Thank HantieVe
jemimas94, Owner at Jemima's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Hantie,My name is Pierre Malherbe and I am the owner of Jemima's Restaurant in Oudtshoorn , Thank you for taking the time to write a review of my restaurant , let me start by saying how sorry I am that you had a terrible experience!!!! , Unexceptable and I am sorry your complained was not handeld better at the time !
Please I trust you will change your mind about closing my doors.We do proved work for about 30 families with about 102 dependents ,including myself and Debbie and we genuinely try our best to give good food and good service ,as you can see from our other tripadvisor reviews .Please the next time you in Oudtshoorn ,phone me 084 707 9949 ,I would like to meet with you .
Kind regards