All reviews massive fireplace calamari dinner menu very nice hotel sleeper couch walking distance cooked breakfast rooms are clean enjoyed my stay stay there again on arrival garden route bathurst loft supper shower wifi
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic place.We really enjoyed our stay.Fiendly staff and a great G.manager .We will definitely go back thanks Clint and Kobus for making us feel at home .Service was good,rooms very comfortable and it really is a great family place.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

I have been a frequent visitor to this hotel and while I love this old hotel with a beautiful fire place and friendly staff. My recent visit was not pleasant and. I struggled to be accommodated in a room with a shower.I was eventually moved to a room with a shower but then to my surprise the TV signal is problematic .I eventually moved back to my old room with a bath only. The front desk reception came back again and moved me to another room with a shower and again the TV had no or limited signal. I was very grateful for front desk making all the efforts but for hotel to have bad signal and to have notice about it is really terrible. The food at the hotel is always great. The hotel should also look at rewarding guests who are frequent guests for example an upgrade to the presidential suite.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

There is a big board outside the hotel advertising it for auction in late November. On enquiry I was told that the owner had died.
The hotel is in need of management as far as the finer things go.
The breakfast is poor - staff not attentive, tables not properly laid, cookers tripping and most importantly a really poor inadequate selection of food.
Rooms are nice but again service is an issue - no body wash the first night, no water the second night.
I would wait to see what happens to the hotel with new owners before making a reservation.
At the moment it is not a 4 star!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Accommodation is superb. Conference facilities are absolutely fantastic. If you could accommodate more people I would not even consider other venues ever. The food is great. Each staff member is dedicated, friendly and helpful. Nothing is ever too much or impossible.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank trudypieterse
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

I stayed for one night one a business visit. The exterior is quite pleasing and the location is very central in a most beautiful town. The room is spacious, though average in decor. The choice of tv channels was quite limited.
I struggled to get the wi-if going. For me this is an entry level requirement, especially when on business.
I also struggled to order a glass of wine, as the wine list only list one Sauvignon blanc by the glass - which was out of stock. While they had other Sauvignons in stock, it took some convincing to secure a glass, as they are normally sold by the bottle only.
While not overly thrilled, the location was convenient for my business meeting the next day and the room rate was very reasonable.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business