“Great place to eat”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

A really nice off track restaurant, you couldn't just stumble across it. Nice place, nice atmosphere, creative to relax, eat and chat. Lived my main as we all did, great dessert menu but disappointed with the actual dessert. Tiramisu a little bit boring, delivered steeped with coffee bean sauce, this was cream with coffee beans, quite disappointing. The meringue looked like an 80s prawn cocktail but actually tasted amazing. Would visit again but would have starter not dessert

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

What a lovely find this was. We had been trying to go to the Chef's Warehouse but it was closed and we were not sad we ended up here. The starters were wonderful (Avo salad) and I loved the butternut ravioli. Desserts also did not disappoint. My tiramisu was creamy and delicious. Add this restaurant to you must try list.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Although the menu changes regularly, the standard remains the same as one of Cape Town's top restaurants. The waiters are attentive, friendly and informative. The food was superb. My colleagues had steak tartare to start with and I had tuna capaccio. The main dish portions were large and well presented and delicious. I had one of the signature dishes of the butternut pasta which was spectacular, mu colleagues had meat which they enjoyed thoroughly. This is a great restaurant. Highly recommended.

1  Thank LTWells101
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

I was many times here about 10 years ago. I guess it was sold after that and is not run by the original and well-known Italian chef anymore. This would explain the worst service ever. Waiter introduced himself and never showed up again. I was left with my tartar (tasted avarage) without a next wine or water. Steak was ok but nothing I must come for to Keerom Street. 3 managers running around with mobile phones in their faces or just making jokes outside. Same the countless waiters who run around with no attention. There were 4 tables occupied that time I was there. Finally a lady waiter saved me and continued serving me which made her 150 Rand tip. I really looked forward to eat here again after I relocated to Cape Town. But with okish food and zero service I come not back to leave hundreds of Rands here.

2  Thank Joerg S
Reviewed 19 April 2017

We had a very enjoyable dinner here. We were welcomed warmly by the staff, and found the menu to be very interesting. We started with an excellent salad, and a pasta dish with a cream-based sauce with some anchovy. Truth be told, I didn't love it, finding it to be a little rich for my taste, but it was well-executed. For a main course, I had the ostrich, which was superb, with a nicely seasoned sauce and vegetables, and my companion had the chicken, which she enjoyed thoroughly. For dessert we had the semi-freddo and the tiramisu, which were nothing special. The service was excellent.