“Very average”

Mugg & Bean V & A Waterfront
Ranked #224 of 1,253 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I had lunch here with a fried

I had the aubergine roll and he had the chicken livers

Neither dish was exceptional although the aubergine roll was definitely the better choice

Rather disappointing really and not living up to usual M&B standards

I would not return

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We stopped for coffee on more than one occasion, portions of cake accompanying the coffee were enormous and good so we chose to share. Sometimes the service was a bit slow.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Good Afternoon

Me and my boyfriend had lunch at the waterfront branch yesterday morning... And was that an experience... And not a good one.

Firstly our coffee arrived way later than our food. My boyfriend's coffee was so hot, he was only able to drink it after we paid the bill. My coffee was almost to cold and the whole cup was spilled on the sides with coffee when it arrived at the table.

Now the food... I ordered rosemary fries and received plain dry fries. I have ordered rosemary fries before at the branch and there is no rosemary and it tastes different than the fries at the canal walk branch. My boyfriend boyfriend ordered the classic eggs Benedict. His plate was dirty and oily when it arrived at the table. The English muffin was burned, he asked for medium eggs but the egg white was still under cooked and the hollandaise has started to split.

When asked for the bill our waitress literally brought the bill and stood there with card machine without giving us the chance to look at the bill, making us feel rushed to leave the table for next people to sit down.

Being in the hospitality myself I noticed a lack in attention to detail from both the kitchen and the front of house. We did not have a good experience.

The manager asked for my contact details which I supplied. But yet after 2 weeks I am yet to receive an explanation for this poorly made food and service.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Coffee and cake here is really lovely - we also had the tapas which were good and for tapas really substantial plates.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Adequate cafe, service OK, no more. Location overlooking the waterfront. A good place to drop in for a coffee and cake.