I have stayed at Daddy Long Legs three times now on business trips to Cape Town. I don't think the hotel is really aimed at the South African business traveler (I'm probably twice the age of most of the guests), but I enjoy staying there. It makes the overnight stay in Cape Town interesting and fun, and it is certainly different from staying in one of the big hotel brands, in which you could be anywhere in the world.
The decor is quirky and fun; the rooms are basic, but comfortable and clean. Free and fast wifi would be an improvement. The staff are friendly and fairly knowledgeable. I have not been disturbed by noise from inside or outside the hotel (quite surprisingly even when staying on the Long Street side at a busy time). I have always found parking in the street outside (admittedly I arrive late) and my hired car has always been fine in the morning. The breakfast place downstairs is not brilliant or cheap, but quite adequate and open from 6:30. (I have not been offered a R50 voucher, but I have claimed 10% discount as a Daddy Long Legs guest).
I love being able to walk to restaurants in Long Street, and for business meetings in the city the location is extremely convenient (the parking marshals can be persuaded to allow the car to stay in its street side parking place all day).
I will continue to make this my base for short trips to Cape Town and if I were asked to recommend a place for travelers to stay, especially young ones who want to get a taste of Cape Town's night life, I would strongly recommend Daddy Long Legs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying in the Daddy Long Legs Independent Travellers Hotel is like being part of an interactive art exhibition. Each room is uniquely decorated by an artist, poet, photographer, designer or musician, creating different themes! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com and Booking.com so you can book your Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Daddy Long Legs Boutique
- Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel Cape Town, South Africa