“Well-priced Gourmet burgers and massive milkshakes”

Hudsons, The Burger Joint
Ranked #191 of 1,294 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2016

We were a table of about 10 people who went to dinner on a Saturday evening. We had made a booking. I think everyone had burgers/sliders except for one person who ordered a pizza. A couple of us had milkshakes and/or chilli poppers in addition to our main course. Most of the guys were enjoying the craft beers on offer.

The milkshakes are MASSIVE. I had the Lindt Brownie flavour which was very good although not chocolatey enough for my taste. Someone else had the Nutella one and they said it tasted just like a jar of Nutella. A third person ordered the Amarula and Marshmallow flavour for dessert. This one was very tasty but very rich so she ended up sharing it with the rest of the table. I'd be keen to try their Peanut Butter flavour.

Everyone enjoyed their burgers/sliders. I ordered the smaller burger (180g patty). They also have 250g patties on offer. My patty was cooked nicely and not too dry. I order three cheese chilli poppers as my side. I found the batter could have been more crispy, but the chilli and cheese part was divine (and I was full anyway so I didn't mind peeling off the batter). My hubby had one of the slider options (TreBeCa, I think) and enjoyed his three mini burgers too.

The burgers are very well priced compared to similar establishments.

Service was pretty good and our cocktails, milkshakes and food all arrived really quickly once the order was placed. My only complaint would be that the music was a bit loud for such a large table so it was hard to hear anyone sitting more than one person away from you. Also apparently there is no air con. We went on an evening that wasn't particularly hot, so it was OK, but I can imagine it could get quite uncomfortable on a proper summer's day or evening.

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Called in Saturday evening. Even though it was packed, we only had to wait about 10 minutes for a table. The staff were very friendly and efficient - even when we weren't in their area of serving !! Choice of food is extensive and our orders were delivered promptly even though the staff appeared to be super busy !! Very reasonable prices and we'll definitely return !!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Assortment of gourmet burgers and other munches at great value with good service. Parking available and always full. If you like burgers you will need to visit a few times before you probably have gone through all the burgers you want to taste. They will see me sooner than later.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

This is definitely one of the most delicious burgers I have ever tasted. We opted for the beef and it was great and different, I loved the fact that you can swop your potato chips for sweet potato fries. A locally brewed beer rounded the meal off and our waitress was fantastic. Great food.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

One of the best burgers in South Africa, nice and relaxing. Milkshakes are to die for. But spoil yourself and have the best burger ever.