Ways to Experience Lion's Head
from USD 20.00
from USD 46.80
from USD 98.62
4,298 results
All reviews full moon great hike table mountain easy hike rock climbing worth the climb worth the effort hiking shoes bring water short hike afraid of heights camps bay lots of water views of cape town sunrise hike coming down watch the sunset
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2018

This is such a beautiful and exciting hike. You definitely need to be fit to go up the "hard" way. I didn't go up the "easy" way but my guess is there is still some light rock climbing. The view at the top is well worth it!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 8 December 2018

Was so awesome! Loved my hike, it’s a bit scary but so worth it. It’s busy during summer, but that means u meet so many amazing people. Must do in CT. Even if ur unfit and scared of heights, very doable

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 8 December 2018

Booked a tour on viator for a sunrise hike. I thought sunrise would be nice cos the sunlight wouldn't be too hot and at least I could go down still with light :) I was picked up from the hotel at 5 by my guide.

The climb to the top is moderately challenging at times I had to climb my breath (but honestly until today I had no strenuous physical activity whatsoever). There are options though you could take chains to the top or a longer spiral way (my choice).

Views are amazing. Theres city view sea view and yes, view with table mountain at the back drop!!!

really enjoyed my climb.

Reviewed 7 December 2018

this had the best view you could possibly ever get. I suggest you go here some time soo. so ya I hop

Reviewed 6 December 2018

A friend and I dared to begin our trek up Lion's Head at 4am so we could be on the top for the sunrise and it was the most magical moment of my trip in Cape Town. This is a very popular hike for sunset but sunrise will mean less people at the top and will be much more beautiful as the Sun comes up Table Mountain. Highly recommend bringing a snack to eat at the top and allocate at least 3 hours.The hike up is very steep near the top, not difficult in terms of stamina but need to be careful with footwork. Coming down can be more difficult but there is a longer way that is less so.