1,058 results
All reviews platinum room honesty bar table mountain complimentary sherry and port african theme millers thumb honor system guest house quiet neighborhood stay in cape town kloof street perfect place to stay cooked breakfast car hire yogurt boutique hotel three nights
Reviewed 21 July 2016

We stayed here for several nights. The hotel is boutique (more like a guesthouse), clean and in a quiet area. It is well run, with a good cooked breakfast. The rooms are basic with en- suite bathrooms and limited toiletries. It was quite cold as the room heating was a bit haphazard. The big advantage is that the staff provide excellent touring info. The in-room red folder was great in helping us get around and Louie provided us happily with excellent information and tips. Good free wifi.

3  Thank 351BC351
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I absolutely loved this place. It felt like staying with a well off friend. The breakfast was fresh made to order, the staff was so courteous, and the owners were there every morning to help plan your day. My wife and I are young and they knew just the spots we should go to. They even set us up with a reservation the day of at The Test Kitchen out of the blue: unheard of apparently by anyone who knows the restaurant. This was incredible value and incredible service. Thanks everyone!

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank PantherBombs81
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Once again I've returned to An African Villa and never disappointed. Treated my parents to a surprise 50th wedding anniversary. The team are fantastic!!! and so attentive, customer service at its best. The guest house is pure luxury and beautifully decorated. It has not lost its exquisite charm since my last visit. The rooms are beautiful. You will not be disappointed. I will always stay here in capetown

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous
See you again soon

Wendy

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2016

This was the greatest stay of the year so far; the wife was able to totally relax and get some much needed R and R!!

Keith was a brilliant member of staff who looked after us all through the stay - no request was too extreme and he always had a fun joke for us in the morning to start our day with a bang.

1  Thank Langdon A
Reviewed 19 June 2016

An African Villa is a lovely boutique hotel in a quiet residential neighborhood. Keith greeted us warmly and was always available to answer questions and provide advice as needed. Linda similarly always had a smile and greeting for us in the morning.

Our room was quiet and quite comfortable. The entire hotel is furnished in a modern African style and is very appealing. Full breakfast is included and made to order in the dining room by the lovely ladies who manage the kitchen. Laundry service was reasonably priced (by weight) and efficient.

We easily could've walked to local businesses during daylight hours but never did due to a packed schedule. Uber was a safe and easy way to navigate wherever we wanted to go. We ate 2 nights at neighborhood restaurants and enjoyed them: Miller's Thumb and Saigon, both recommended by the hotel.

There is a lovely outdoor patio area which we didn't end up using, but I could see that it would be very pleasant in warmer weather. We did not have a rental car, and I was glad because I think parking would've been a challenge.

We found An African Villa to be a very good value and pleasant place to stay.

Room tip: Room B3 was spacious and comfortable with a partial view of Table Mountain. Very quiet,