We had 3 nights here as a stopover from Australia to UK in Jan 2012. Wonderful hotel - so central to the lively waterfront. It felt a very safe area. We had a very large room overlooking the piazza & never heard any noise. Breakfast was perfect with champagne, oysters and smoked salmon if you fancied them! It was spotless throughout & there were nice touches like the bed turned down, with complimentary chocolates and bottles of water. The travel desk was extremely helpful & issued tickets for the hop-on-hop-off buses. We took a 2-day pass on both routes & it was very good value for money, enabling us to visit Table Mountain by cablecar, Stellenbosch botanic gardens, canal boat trip and many beautiful beaches. We just didn't have enough time to do everything - we've got to come back! We had a transfer to and from the airport which was just perfect after a long haul flight. Our drivers were very friendly, courteous and gave us info of best places to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.Framed by the ocean and Table Mountain, the elegance and luxury of the Victoria & Alfred Hotel is rivaled only by its relaxed atmosphere and warm personal service.With 94 spacious bedrooms - It’s the detail that gives the Victoria & Alfred Hotel its elegance, intimacy, romance and reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA and Hotelopia so you can book your Victoria & Alfred Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Alfred Cape Town
- Victoria & Alfred Hotel Cape Town, South Africa