2,015 results
All reviews a business class room sea view infinity pool hourly shuttle table mountain football stadium standard room robben island business trip concierge desk shuttle service breakfast buffet mini bar our honeymoon water front the hotel offers south africa
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed at the Radisson Blu as our first stay in South Africa and I was amazed at the level of attention we were given by the guest services, concierge, and doormen. From a welcome cocktail and h'ourderv at the bar while our room was prepared, to helping us coordinate our activities, to calling our next destinations for information, and arranging restaurant and taxi service. Outstanding. We really felt like we were being taken care of like at an all in-clusive resort.

The other bonus was the breakfast buffet! We were stunned at the variety of fruits, cereals, yogurts, juices, cheeses, breads, potatoes, eggs, sausages, and they even had a choice between crispy and soft bacon. This buffet was one of the best we saw during our entire trip. It was such a treat eating on the pier with the fresh sea air absolutely stuffing ourselves watching dolphins play in the bay.

The other perk we enjoyed was their spa services. They have steam rooms, dry saunas, cold sauna, and a soaking hot pools free to all guests. It's great to take advantage of before dinner. We didn't get any massages, but the accomodations looked relaxing.

The proximity to the waterfront is walkable, but they provide a shuttle service every hour both directions which I would recommend using over walking.

Our room was very interesting with a port hole view of Table mountain to one side and the bay to the other. All the linens were clean and the decor was nicely contemporary. My only issue with the room was the TV, it seemed to need 3-5 minutes after turning on before the remote would respond.

While there are probably other great hotels around the area, we were not dissappointed with the Radisson Blu as our first introduction to South Africa.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael F
Michael R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Michael F,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate you taking the time to deliver your comments and look forward to welcoming you back when next your travels bring you to Cape Town!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I must admit that this hotel has turned out a good choice.
Most locals have quite an outstanding opinion of it, some simply say that it is the best in Cape Town.
Last but not least, the waterfront is rather close.
I really enjoyed my days in Cape Town even thanks to this lucky bet.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Michael R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear dedrasurfer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your positive response.

We look forward to welcoming you back, when next your travels bring you to Cape Town!

Reviewed 4 June 2012

The location is quite close for a walk to the Waterfront main area, but the proximity to the sea is just fantastic on sunny days. The view to the sea from the business suites is just great. The gym is also nice and has most of the things you need. The Spa is very nice, but a little too expensive if you are a hotel guest I think. I found the breakfast very nice, if you are a person who eat a heavy breakfast. Too costly for a toast and an egg.
The staff in the retaurant is friendly and has a nice humor, but you have to chase them to get service. The do not keep their eyes on existing guest, but rather pay attention to new arrivals. There is a need for someone to run the place and speed up the service.
In total I will be back to this place for business visit, but for a privat visit I would go for a better deal when it comes to price.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Michael R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear Adventureseeker1,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We have noted all of your concerns regarding the service in the restaurant and the costliness of visiting our property. Please note that we take all of our Guest comments and feedback very serious and that these have been taken on board.

We look forward to welcoming you back, when next your travels bring you to Cape Town.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Spent one night here during a weekend down from Johannesburg.
Managed to get an upgrade to one of the business suites. Fantastic room with great bathroom, shower, expresso machine, 2 TV's, minibar, safe etc
Staff seemed friendly enough although my time in the hotel was brief. Efficient check out at 5am!
Highlight of the stay was most definitely the view from the balcony. I could see table mountain to my right and the sea to my left. Absolutely fantastic! Well worth the extra!
Hotel also provided a shuttle to the nearby marina.

After I booked, I got an email from the hotel informing me of building works going on during my stay. This could have been mentioned before I booked but it didnt affect my stay as I was out during the day.

Overall a great stay and I'll definitely be back in the future!

Room Tip: upgrade to get a sea view/table mountain view!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jbignal

Dear Jbignal,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us!

We need to know where we have fared well, but more significantly where we have not done so well - and so for the late notification of our ongoing renovation, we do apologise.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

When we arrived we had booked a standard mountain view room which was upgraded to a Business sea view room due to building works taking place in the hotel. The noise factor did not worry us as it was between 9am and 4pm.

Our room was large. A large bathroom with bath, large shower and two sinks. A long hallway where you could enter into the bedroom from. A good sized living area and TV and view of the harbour. The bedroom could be separated off by louvre doors if you wanted. The bedroom was a good size with plenty of storage and a TV mounted on the wall. However, the bed was quite hard so sleep wasn't so good.

The hotel offer a courtesy bus into the Waterfront which runs on the hour.

Breakfasts for good with plenty of variety. Lovely to eat outside if the weather is good enough, although they provide blankets for you to put around you if you want. Helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FamilyUnit
joanne f, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you so much for the feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay. Our renovations are progressing and we are pleased to announce that we have budgeted to replace all the beds to a comfortable extra length ones. Please return and try them out!