We stayed for 6 nights from 26 Feb 2012 to 3 March 2012 in a loft room and were really impressed. Check in was quick and reception staff were friendly offering us a free cool pineapple drink which was lovely and refreshing after a long journey. The loft room was great - simply decorated in a modern functional style it offered lots of space. A large comfortable bedroom and a fabulous shower room on the mezzanine level and a lounge, dining area, small kitchen (with coffee maker!)and bathroom downstairs. We had a corner room so the double height windows gave us great views -in one direction the stadium and in the other Table Mountain. We found all of the staff at the hotel to be attentive and helpful. We had some problems opening our safe one morning and security came up straight away to help us. The buffet breakfast offered a wide choice of hot and cold food and the staff were friendly quickly offering coffee and tea. We ate in the hotel restaurant on our first night and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food on offer. Again the restaurant staff were friendly and attentive. The hotel is in a great location - it took us 10 minutes to walk to the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront and it only took 5 minutes max back in a taxi at night. There is a great restaurant Beluga literally two minutes away if you don't want to walk far. Overall a great place to stay for our first time in Cape Town and we would heartily recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the urban landscape of Greenpoint, one of Cape Town's trendiest suburbs, The Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Victoria Junction's location offers easy access to major Cape Town tourist attractions as well as the CBD, the Cape Town International Convention Centre and the V&A Waterfront for GUESTS staying on business. Our in house, Connexxion Restaurant is the perfect option for guests on the go. The breakfast buffet remains of international standard with a huge variety of items to choose from and for your convenience - breakfast hours over weekends are extended so you can sleep in! The Hotel provides a new contemporary urban lifestyle where you can live, work and play within a 5 kilometre radius. Walk to the Cape Quarter Lifestyle Centre and the Greenpoint Park or cycle on the new pedestrian and cycle ways. Catch a MyCity bus or the red Cape Town Tourism bus to visit Clifton, Camps Bay beach or as far as Simon's Town and Constantia! All the bedrooms feature sleek, modern design that offer environmentally friendly lighting, water-saving rain showers and energy efficient entertainment options like the Bravia LCD screens and iPod docking stations. International adapter installations also improve services to our International GUESTS. Protea Hotel Victoria Junction - a contemporary urban lifestyle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Victoria Junction reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Victoria Junction
- Victoria Junction
- Protea Hotel By Marriott Cape Town Victoria Junction South Africa