Review Highlights
Superb Tour Guide

Spent a few days with Mac and i enjoyed it! Very enthusiastic tour guide, telling us the historical... read more

Reviewed today
edmundtan69
Singapore, Singapore
via mobile
Excellent

We have been on a number of trips with Mac. He is an absolute pleasure to be around and his... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2018
dani8306
Cape Town Central, South Africa
via mobile

All reviews day tour friendly tour guide amusing anecdotes cheetah outreach wild flowers great guide table mountain his knowledge his passion wine estate south africa cape tour bad weather flora and fauna hout bay penguins winelands
Reviewed 7 September 2018

I took a tour down the spectacular Whale Coast with the very friendly and knowledgeable Mac towards Hermanus for whale watching. Mac is a great guide who has loads of info to share with you and is great at finding interesting little stops along the way that he thinks you will enjoy. I hadn't booked the whale watching boat tour in advance, but thanks to Mac I was able to squeeze into the last seat on a boat and had a great couple of hours watching these wonderful creatures close up! Mac also took me on a short trip to the wine lands and sorted out a stop at the wonderful Vergenogde wine estate with its huge 'herd' of ducks, which was a real treat. He's really organised but also flexible so you can change your plans to take in something interesting if you like. Highly recommend Mac as a tour guide.

Date of experience: August 2018
Mac W, Owner at Cape Tours With Mac, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

It am so very glad that you managed to see these majestic Creatures up so close on the boat and I loved all the time we spent together. Lots of people wonder when I recommend the Duck Parade and it was fabulous to feed them with you. There is still a lot to see and visit in South Africa and it will be a great pleasure to visit them with you on your next trip

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Mackenzie Walker was recommended by friends that helped us organise our family day tour . We are SA exptas and took our children to Cape Point with Mackenzie. We were extremely satisfied with the service which was beyond what we expected ! He took us to areas we we had not thought of and suggested interresting extras ! Thank you so much mackenzie, we will definately also recommend you to others ! You are very reliable !

Date of experience: August 2018
CapeToursWithMac, Owner at Cape Tours With Mac, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you very much it was a lovely day and the two families were a pleasure to be with. I look forward to meeting up again and exploring some other hidden Gems , excuse the pun !!
Travel safely and once more thank you for the very kind words

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

The Hubs and I took a last minute work trip which involved 2 free days in Cape Town. As luck would have it positive reviews for Mac were all over TA and he happened to be able to fit us in for both days! WIN! We had expectations of a great time due to the reviews, but in this case, the reviews couldn’t do his tour justice! Mac was the most pleasant of tour guides. He picked us up promptly (he was early both days, as is his nature). We had pre arranged what we thought we wanted to do, though we threw him some curve balls ourselves as did the weather!
We spent a very long first day going all around the Cape and surrounding areas. Mac knew an amazing amount of history of all the areas we traveled. The day went so quickly as he was able to tell us a new tid bit at what seemed like every turn! Day 2 wasn’t as long but equally informative and fun!
Above and beyond the vast amount of knowledge he has is his ability to lead the tours. From the Cape of Good hope, Penguins, whale sightings (not on a tour), baboon info, Table Mountain, vineyards and everything in between he led us to amazing memories! His experience in all areas made the tours so very enjoyable. He knows how to as well he has a great manner in ensuring you get to see the best views, locate the best ways to get to wherever it is you may be taking a walk to etc. There isn’t a single piece of the 2 days we spent together I wish were different. Although we were a bit chilly on more than one occasion!
If you are considering using Mac, just email and book him while you can!! You all can sort out details after as he is prompt and helpful! You will not find a better experience!! Thank you Mac for making 2 short days feel like the trip of a lifetime! We hope to see you again sooner rather than later!

Date of experience: August 2018
Mac W, Owner at Cape Tours With Mac, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

From start to finish corresponding with you was so easy and enjoyable to do. Even at short notice I was very pleased that all was going together so well and when we finally met I knew we would form a special bond. Yes indeed the weather at this time of year can be very eratic and it was great to see that you made the most of it. The joy is that on your next visit you shall be able to visit the Ernie Els Winery in its new form.
I am looking forward to your next adventure and shall look forward to your possible move to SA , Thank you both for the words

Reviewed 13 August 2018

If you will visit Cape Town, I would recommend you book with Mac. He is very knowledgable, friendly tour guide. Was able to explore most of the must see sights.
Our tour was very fun. Would love to go back one day.

Date of experience: June 2018
Mac W, Owner at Cape Tours With Mac, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

And when you make it back there is still so much more to explore with you. It was a great pleasure touring with you thank you for the company and also the very kind words.
Travel Safely and feel free to ask for more advise

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I am so thankful I came across Mac’s reviews on trip advisor. I was instantly amazed on all positive comments and experiences people had in during their tours. I immediately emailed Mac, he responded within 24 hours and since the beginning catered to our interests and gave tons of options.

We decided to do the two day Full Tours and it was the best decision ever! I second everyone; Mac is an extremely knowledgeable person, professional, humorous, sweet human being! He caters to your interests. In two days, I was able to see the top attractions of Cape Town, along with feeding Ostriches, heading to a cheetah outreach which allowed me to interact with cheetahs!, visited a lion sanctuary, held a baby crocodile and visited the Delaire Graff (it was amazing) and oh yeah paragliding! What more could we have asked for!

Leilani and I would like to thank you Mac from the bottom of our hearts for helping make our first visit to Cape Town the best ever! We hope to see you Mac soon! Take care <3

Date of experience: July 2018
Mac W, Owner at Cape Tours With Mac, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

It was lovely tailoring your time to allow you to see exactly what you wanted to see and do. The wildlife we visited was stunning and fitting in a lunch at the amazing Delaire Graff wine estate is always a treat although often Fully booked.

Thank you indeed for the very kind words and I hope we get a chance to Tour together again

Travel Safely