“I created an account just to write this review... book with mac!”

Cape Tours With Mac
More attraction details
Owner description: Cape Tours With Mac is an Owner Run Tour Business based in Cape Town , operating since 2004 who specialise in Tailor Made Tours. Going the extra Mile and with Great Passion to Help you Enjoy the Holiday of a Lifetime Touring at Your Own Pace and visiting many places that will not be found in the Tour Guide books. Let Mac take care of your Bucket List Holiday and enjoy the Absolute Splendour of Cape Town and the Western Cape.
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Excellent tour guide!

The reason we booked with Mac is because I had read so many positive reviews on here. We also had an excellent experience with Mac and I would highly recommend booking with him! He is extremely friendly, professional, knowledgeable (both historical facts and fun trivial facts), and flexible. Less than 24 hours before we landed in Cape Town I emailed Mac saying that someone in our group needed a wheelchair and Mac met us at the airport with a wheelchair ready! Additionally, he accommodated our existing plans to ensure they were all wheelchair accessible and also an enjoyable experience for someone using a wheelchair.

We were a group of three who were with Mac for five days. We enjoyed getting to know Mac and appreciated that he took an interest in getting to know us and customized the trip to things we cared about, big or small! For example, I was taking a lot of photos and Mac made a point to call out certain spots with great views / angles for photos on our various destinations. Additionally, my brother was complaining he couldn’t find a bagel in South Africa and Mac took it upon himself to find a place that sold bagels.

I can't say enough good things about Mac! Thank you for making our trip fun and stress free!

1  Thank lmasterson15
Mac W, Owner at Cape Tours With Mac, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you very much for that Lauren it was indeed a great pleasure spending Prime Time with the Three of you. I hope Barbs survived the trip back and is well on her way to Full Recovery and possibly CJ shall be in touch for some entertainment with his Scholar Friends.
Travel Safely and it will be a pleasure to assist you and your familly anytime in the Future

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"sights"
"accommodation"

Reviewed 6 April 2018

With so many private tour operators to choose from, you know you can’t go too far wrong with someone who has received a perfect 5 star track record in every single review. My husband and I were in Cape Town for 4.5 days in March 2018 and we toured with Mac for 3 non-consecutive days. We chose to do the Cape Peninsula, West Coast and Wine Route tours. After touring with Mac, I couldn’t agree more with the past reviews.

Mac was super knowledgeable about South Africa and would point out interesting facts about the flora and fauna that we saw along the way. We were certainly entertained by his amusing anecdotes and interesting stories throughout the trip. Mac tailored the itinerary to our likes and interests and his experience as a guide was reflected in the good pacing in itinerary, small gestures to make us feel comfortable and taken care of, and providing tips on the positions for the best photographs and views. With so much to see and do, we never felt rushed by him at any point. We even had time to make an unscheduled stop at Bo Kaap which was part of the city tour.

During the trip planning, I mentioned that I wanted to go to Die Strandloper. I knew from my research that it was quite a popular dining place but did not realize that there was only 1 fixed timing for the lunch sitting. Mac had the foresight to make an advanced reservation and even then, we were still on a wait list. To prevent our disappointment, I knew that he had also made alternative reservations at what I’m sure to be an equally excellent dining establishment. Fortunately for us, our reservation came through at the last minute and we were able to enjoy a 10-course seafood braai by the beach on a perfect sunny day.

Even though we had not booked Saturday with him, Mac was aware of our plans to go on the Robben Islands tour. He showed much initiative and thoughtfulness by emailing me with a couple of alternative sight-seeing suggestions as soon as he realized that the tour was cancelled relatively last minute due to “technical difficulties”.

Mac, thank you so much for making our stay in Cape Town such a fantastic and memorable one! I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone who is thinking of visiting Cape Town and its surrounds.

Mac W, Owner at Cape Tours With Mac, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

It was indeed a Great Pleasure to take you both around our Beautiful part of the world. The Day performing Cape Point and the Peninsula and the Day in the Winelands were special and many people do not have enough Time to Visit the West Coast and the Fossil Park so I am very glad that we made that all happen and on such a Lovely Sunny Day. Congratulations on managing 10 Courses of Unusual and Lovely Items from the Sea.
I am very glad I could be of assistance when I saw your Ferry had been cancelled I did not want you to waste a Full Day before discovering the cancellation even though we were not scheduled to be together that day.
I will look forward to your next visit and also meeting any of your friends who may be visiting Cape Town

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We would like to thank you Mac for this wonderful experience and guided tour. We booked a 3 days tours with Mac with my mum to visit the wine regions and the Cape Peninsula. Mac is very professional and as well a great company, a gentleman. He made us feel so comfortable and we learned a lot about the region all with funny anecdotes and a lot of humour. I would strongly recommend Cape Tours with Mac to anyone travelling to this wonderful city and thank you once again for your warm welcome. My mum was so happy and we will come back for sure. Namibia is in the pipeline so we will be in touch.

Florence and Catherine

1  Thank FlorenceAccra
Mac W, Owner at Cape Tours With Mac, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you Very Much for taking the time to send the Comments. It was indeed a Real Pleasure to spend the time with you both and I am looking forward to meeting again. We are very blessed to have such a Wonderful Part of the World with so many Magnificent Options to Spend Full Days Exploring , as mentioned even with 3 days it would be Very Easy to Entertain you both for Several More Days and its great to hear that Namibia is in the Pipeline.
Travel Safely

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

The best tour guide ever , thank you once again for a fantastic tour , my in laws where really impressed by your friendliness and your knowledge of Cape Town

Mac W, Owner at Cape Tours With Mac, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

It was an absolute pleasure touring with you both and your in laws are very special indeed. Now that they have seen the beauty of Cape Town and the winelands I am sure they will be back again. It was also lovely seeing you again after all these years. Please Travel Safely
Kind Regards

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

With so many guides to choose from, I didn’t know where to start, but appreciated the consistent reviews Mac received on TripAdvisor. Our hotel referred us to a major tour company that was literally twice the price, and I cannot imagine that it would have come close to being as interesting and personal as our experience with Mac.

My husband and I had so much fun with Mac on our day trip around the Cape Peninsula. The day before, Mac met us at the airport, and was ready and waiting when we exited the customs area. The full-day tour was fantastic, with Mac telling us fact upon story upon amusing anecdotes about everything along the way. We wanted to spend the next day with him as well, when we decided to do the winery tours, but he was already booked. When he greeted us to take us back to the airport on our final day, it felt like being dropped off by a friend.

Highly recommend!

Mac W, Owner at Cape Tours With Mac, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you for the kind words It was fabulous Touring with you both and It certainly would have been a Winelands Tour To Remember. Perhaps we will do that on your Next trip which I hope is not in the too far distance. Wishing you Great Prosperity and Health in the coming year and Safe Travels
Kindest Regards