1,905 results
All reviews kids club island suite nobu restaurant reuben table mountain high tea oysters beautiful hotel breakfast buffet south africa luxury hotel mountain view turn down service waterfront area our honeymoon fantastic stay water front
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Fantastic service ,beautiful hotel ,top class food, fantastic settings cant ask for better in a hotel. Highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Our honeymoon stay at the One & Only Capetown turned out to be the worst hotel experience of our lives. On the 6th day of our vacation, I made the huge mistake of leaving my engagement and wedding rings in the hotel room as we hurried off to an underwater Great White Shark cagediving excursion. After returning that evening, I was completely devastated to discover that my rings were gone. We immediately notified management and security who assured us that they would do everything possible and told us not to worry about it. Scheduled to leave Capetown early the next morning, we were sure to file a police report before we left and put our faith in the hotel to resolve the situation. Unfortunately, the hotel mishandled the entire incident. I never saw my rings again and the hotel refused to reimburse us despite the following evidence indicating that a particular female housekeeper stole my rings.

The hotel's security system recorded six different staff members had entered our room while we were gone that day. The hotel security manager brought in each person for questioning. However, it took them over four days to bring in all six individuals. They finally conducted polygraphs on each of them. The last individual to be questioned (a female housekeeper) failed her polygraph. They polygraphed her on another day and she failed again for a second time. They then admitted that they were embarrassed by this incident and fired the housekeeper as a result.

Unfortunately we did not have insurance on the rings so we were holding out hope that the hotel would do the right thing. We spent thousands of dollars with them in a honeymoon suite for 7 nights, massage/spa treatments every single day & many lunches/dinners in their hotel restaurants. On top of the thousands of dollars spent, my most sacred pieces of jewelry will never be returned. After two months of patience & cooperation with them, they refused to reimburse any amount and only offered us a 3-night stay at their hotel. They actually expect us to pay for a flight all the way back only to spend more money at their hotel. NO THANK YOU. We were shocked and insulted by their response and expected much better treatment from a luxury hotel. We encourage you to think twice about staying at the One&Only Resorts or any Kerzner International properties.

Thank you for reading and please feel free to contact me if you would like more information.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
11  Thank lonni95
Reviewed 13 July 2010

In Oct 09 my husband and I decided to visit a few 5* hotels in Cape Town.
We started our trip at the One & Only Cape Town.

After reading some horrendous reviews on tripadvisor any high hopes we may have had were in tatters. Never a bad thing!

We were both pleasantly surprised. After spending weeks agonizing about whether to stay at the Cape Grace or the One & Only, I finally chose the One & Only. Despite the horrible reviews, I figured it was new and more importantly it was Sol Kerzner's latest offering. I've always liked his hotels. Don't get me wrong, his hotels aren't quaint or cozy. And since I prefer smaller luxury hotels, I'm usually not partial to this "resort style" type of hotel. Sol's hotels are big and flashy (American resort style) but they always deliver lots of bang for your buck. This hotel is no exception.
The hotel was a steal in comparison to the other hotels we stayed at.

Rooms:
The room was fantastic (in the Marina Rise). It was massive with every amenity from home you could possibly hope for, including a nifty little Nespresso machine, an iPod docking station, a flashy Plasma TV, and real reading lamps etc....
The bathroom was massive and luxurious.
And everything worked from the aircon to the wireless Internet.
Our balcony was huge. Our room overlooked the rest of the resort and part of Table Mountain.

Food: Only ate breakfast at the hotel and one lunch. Lunch was okay. An unsatisfying salad with too many herbs.
Breakfast at Maze was amazing. Nice spread.
Location:
The waterfront is an easy walk away.
If you want to be right in the action, it's a great hotel to stay at.
Spa:
The spa was okay. I wasn't blown away by the treatments or the spa itself. Access to the spa from the Marina Rise wasn't well thought out. If you're staying in the Marina Rise, you need to walk through the hotel's bar to get to the spa.

Pool: The pool near the Island rooms is fantastic. Massive and heated. Kids would enjoy it.

Service: The service was excellent.

I sent my parents to this hotel in April 2010. They absolutely loved it. But they love flashy resorts.
Even though I prefer small exclusive hotels, I would stay at the hotel again and do recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2010

The one and only is THE BEST hotel in cape town. I have been to cape town very often and stayed at numerous hotels and this stay exceeded every expectation i had.

Service from everyone was fantastic nothing was too much trouble from the guys who do the valet parking to porters, waiters, front desk, resturant staff and of course the personal butler provided to each room. Only one staff member disappointed- the concierge, i had a foreign guest and he was not too interested in assisting us. only wanted to sell us the red bus tour,

Rooms amazing very big, new and modern and provide all modern cons we have grown to expect from coffee machines to ipod docks mini bar very well stocked, HUGE shower room, walk in dresser, comfy beds, pillow menus and choice of room fragrance to top it all off.

Stunning views of harbour, table mountain and island from balcony

pool, spa, fitness center all best ive ever seen in a hotel

Nobu and Maze (Gordon Ramsy resturant where breakfast is served) fantastic

All in all amazing stay

Thanks guys- cant wait to return

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank leighdermick
Reviewed 21 May 2010

Stayed at the One and Only CT.When I walked into the room I thought they had upgraded us to a suite as it was huge and stunning. The view from our room was incredible of Table mountain! You get the whole choose your pillow and scent. If you order a wake up call they come with your hot drink. There are robes and slippers and robes and snadles for the poo/spa.The breakfasts are amazing even though we had to ask for salmon. The dinner at Nobu was the best meal of my life. You have to do the tasting menu. Dont order the Saki as its gross and expensive-rather get a nice bottle of SA wine. I have been to the Nobu in London-this is 1000 times better. The pool is incredible and so is the spa.Its nice as the hotel is attached to the V&A waterfront shopping mall. So really convenient. And central for CT. Dont have second thoughts about staying here. Its a must!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple