Lowest prices for your stay
AU$1,587
Algotels
AU$1,476
Fully refundable before Wed, 24 Apr
2,434 results
All reviews kids club nobu restaurant island room table mountain high tea main building beautiful hotel south africa luxury hotel breakfast buffet is waterfront area our honeymoon cape grace water front spa concierge elton
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Last week Friday we decided to carry on with our limited exploration of High Tea in the Cape Town hotels.
We visited the One and Only. A much more informal venue than our previous hotel we visited namely the Table Bay.
We entered the wonderfully spacious lounge bar area where tea is served. Picking a good table one is rewarded with views across a canal to Table mountain. And that hidden gem at the One and Only. Isola. But that is for another day.

The tea a selection of about twenty will make any tea lover drool. Especially the honey bush rooibos natural tea has a unique flavour. But be warned. It is an acquired taste.
For those of us like myself, who prefer coffee, there is a very tasty house brand and lattes or cappuccino on offer. All very tasty. Or even a decent hot chocolate for that cold day. One note of warning though. The hotel uses an exquisite design of cups. Only one very big little problem. They are made with an intricate handle designed for Right Handed people. A lefty like my finds it awkward to say the least to drink out of them. A bit like trying to eat spaghetti with a single chopstick. After a bit of a discussion with our friendly waitress she conjured up the only normal One & Only cup in the hotel. Downside is they had to take it away every time I wanted a different tea or coffee to wash it. Quite hilarious in a way but not well thought out. Must be difficult in high season.

The snacks are balanced with a range of four hot snacks and even a wonderful carrot soup on the day we were there. Unlike at the Table Bay, at the One & Only one can eat as much savoury snacks as you want and it included the obligatory cucumber sandwiches which look inspired. The sweet selection whilst not as extensive as the Table Bay are decadent enough to send one to the gym for a week to work of the excess.
The Table Bay offers a competent and friendly pianist tinkling in the background. At the One & Only it is more ambient canned music which fits the venue well.
At around R225 a head worth spending the afternoon. They will most definitely see us again.

Date of stay: August 2016
3  Thank Pretsi
Richard_Lyon6, General Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Dear Pretsi,

It was such a pleasure to receive your review!

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your afternoon tea experience in Vista Lounge and your compliments about our food and beverage offering are highly appreciated. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Stayed 5 nights at The One and Only Cape Town, the hotel is stunning and vey close to the shops and restaurants on the waterfront. All the staff are courteous and polite and the concierges are exceptionally helpful. They recommend the best tours and where to visit.
The staff just can't do enough for you without exception.
Rooms are a good size as are the bathrooms. Balcony is adequate. Room was kept spotless by housekeeping.
Breakfast was plentiful with lots to choose from and eggs cooked to order with exception of scrambled.
Restaurants offered great food and very reasonable.
You can safely walk to the waterfront during darkness, it's not far at all.
I can recommend this hotel and you won't be disappointed. I am sorry to be leaving and would choose here again if I returned to Cape Town.

Date of stay: September 2016
2  Thank Excursion802646

Dear Jim & Joan,

Many thanks indeed for your terrific comments following your stay at One&Only Cape Town.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your experience from your room to your breakfast in Reuben’s and, most importantly, the service that you received from our team.

Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would very much enjoy meeting you.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2016

The rooms are on the larger side of normal and luxuriously appointed. They also surprisingly quiet allowing for a good rest. The location of the hotel is convenient with easy access to the Waterfront. Overall the breakfast was excellent, high tea served in the lobby lounge with a dramatic view of Table Mountain is worth a try, and Nobu offers a fresh and varied menu of a good standard.

Room tip: Marina rooms face parts of the working harbour and its waterways. If you want to see the mountain select a mountain view room.
Date of stay: September 2016
4  Thank Imina123

Dear Imina123,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your stay at One&Only Cape Town. I am delighted to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2016

This hotel is beyond luxurious. I was whisked from my taxi to a private desk where I was registered to my room, given a tour of the hotel and grounds, and ushered up to my room, with instructions that I absolutely had to take advantage of the hotel's "bath menu" where I could call to request that a bath be waiting for me (from a choice of special oil blends and rose petals) when I came home from my dinner away. I was truly blown away by this service, not to mention the pillow menu and "scent menu" you are given, as well as a lovely complimentary bottle of (quite tasty) South African wine and fruit bowl. All wrapped up with a view of both the marina and Table Mountain that just can't be beat. This is one of the most indulgent hotel experience I've had in years, and I'm lucky that, although I'm traveling mostly on business, I do have a bit of down time to enjoy things. The hotel is perfectly located on the waterfront, you couldn't ask for more. My only request would be that, although the hotel inside is smoke-free, to disallow smoking on the balconies as well. I wasn't able to enjoy my balcony as it was in a cloud of neighboring smoke.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank marthak272

Dear Mhknyc,

Many thanks indeed for your lovely comments following your recent stay at One&Only Cape Town.

I am delighted to read how highly you valued your experience with us and that we were able to enhance your visit to South Africa in some way. I was particularly pleased to read your comments about the service you received from our team and that we made a lasting impression.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2016

I was lucky enough to spend full 7 days in this marvellous hotel! I used the hotel as a base to visit the surroundings of Cape Town. It is simply amazing that one would have such a little oasis of peace and quiet near the harbour. The amenities such as the spa and the pool are stunning with a staff that is just prompt and super nice.The breakfast is also a treat (they have an amazing "booster" green juice for those into healty juices). The rooms are spacious (even the standard) with lots of storage, nice bathroom. It just feels very modern and comfy! The assistance from the reception to daily matters was just perfect and I was very sad to go.

Date of stay: February 2016
1  Thank Traveldine1

Dear Traveldine1,

Thank you for choosing to stay at One&Only Cape Town and it’s wonderful to know that our location was so convenient for exploring the city.

I am also happy to read that you had such an enjoyable time at the Spa and I will be sure to thank Rosy and her team. The ‘Green Booster’ is a great way to start the day – do let me know if you would like us to share the recipe!

On behalf of our team, we do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Warm regards,