1,752 results
All reviewsleopard barazure restauranttwelve apostlesoystershead conciergecafe grillcape townshuttle servicehigh teafree shuttlemain restaurantattention to detailtreated like royaltysea facing roomworld classamazing hotelthe atlantic ocean
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Twelve Apostles and Spa is unique, classy and warm and inviting. Its location is beyond the bustle of Camps Bay by 5 minutes yet when you get there you feel as if you are much further along due to its privacy and unique setting - we don't hire cars anymore just use Uber and found Uber to operate just as well from this location. We were out and about all day in Cape City when suited us and back at the hotel without any lengthy drives or traffic issues. The Spa is also a feature - but book ahead else you won't get an appointment as the locals also use this spa so its busy. This hotel has startling views and great position - very service orientated and lovely options for bar or restaurants. Its a favourite for the right time of year to sneak off and stay here to relax and be pampered.

Room Tip: Sea facing and Mountain facing great
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2016

If you are looking for a really great break during summer with stunning views, Twelve Apostles is the place to go.
I proposed to now my wife 3 years ago , the service was superb , food was unbelievable and wine was really nice.
The morning we headed down to the spa , and again more than we expected , not over crowded and really top of the range spa's we have been too.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms have a great view however you will pay for these,
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We were given dinner and a night at the Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa as a wedding anniversary gift but would gladly have paid ourselves.
First off, the service is five star, the staff are friendly and efficient, we were given a brief tour of the hotel before being taken up to our room. I would rate the room 3,5 stars, very good but not exceptional. The food however, superb. We lunched at The Leopard Bar, my calamari was delish. Drinks and snacks there later in the day while watching the sensational sunset, a real crowd pleaser, thank you Mother Nature. Dinner at the Azure Room was memorable, they have a really good vegetarian menu which was great for me and the rest of our table hunkered down to various meat and fish dishes. The cheesecake, is so good I had it once after lunch and again after dinner. Breakfast is both buffet and a la carte, again in the Azure Restaurant and was seemingly endless, we ate our fill and more. We left the hotel around lunch time feeling happy and relaxed and bracing ourselves for the return to reality.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2016

My boyfriend proposed to me in Cape Town in January of this year. He originally intended to do it after a hike up little lion's head however that plan didn't come to fruition when we couldn't find a way to start the hike!

He had arranged a post-engagement surprise at the Twelve Apostles so he quickly rang them, asked no one to congratulate us and decided to do it there instead. He had arranged the Guest Picnic so we arrived and were promptly taken away from the hotel up the mountain by a lovely girl holding a picnic hamper. She set up a lovely picnic for us with a bottle of champagne. We then ate and saw a pod of dolphins making their way around the coastline and then he got down on one knee!

It was such a special moment, we were overlooking the coastline of the country we both love so much and the Twelve Apostles made it so special for us. All the ladies in the cafe congratulated us when we made our way back down which was so lovely.

We then had a spa experience booked with my parents which was really relaxing - we both had a couples massage in different rooms. The massage itself was amazing, and we made use of the spa facilities which were great.

The only thing I would say is we had a dinner booked for after the spa but unfortunately my phone had broken on the flight over to SA. They had tried to ring me the day before to confirm the reservation but I obviously never got the call, unfortunately they then gave away my reservation on the day which was a shame but except for that, I can't fault the service, the food and the surroundings of the Twelve Apostles.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2016

For a moment in service delivery lost in time look no further than this iconic gem on the South African Coast Line. We recently spent an evening at the hotel and they went out of their way to make myself and my boyfriend feel like we were their most treasured guests. The food was sublime, the views breathtaking and their cocktails whilst over looking the sunset the stuff to make it one of the most memorable evenings of my life.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple