1,753 results
All reviewsleopard barazure restauranttwelve apostlesoystershead conciergecafe grillcape townshuttle servicehigh teafree shuttlemain restaurantattention to detailtreated like royaltysea facing roomworld classamazing hotelthe atlantic ocean
Reviewed 12 November 2015

We were interested in the idea of having an intimate destination wedding and came across The Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa via a Google Search. Thereafter none of the other venues seemed good enough. :) We got married in their Fynbos Gardens on 22 October 2015 and arranged to spend two nights in one of their lovely Superior Sea-Facing Rooms (wishing we had more time!). The room was indeed superior and the en-suite bathroom luxurious. The night before our wedding we took our two friends from Sweden to the Leopard Lounge where the service from Charity was impeccable; the mouth-watering drinks and background music (by Jeremy Olivier) ensured our evening to be even more remarkable. The champagne breakfast the following morning was scrumptious and the view mesmerizing.

On our wedding day the wind decided to blow excessively much, yet this did not dampen our frame of mind as everything else turned out perfect – exceeding our highest expectations! The suggested marriage officer, Andred Hayward (whom we did not have time to meet up with beforehand) ensured that our wedding ceremony was personalized and impressive. We booked the conservatory for our reception and every little detail was just right (I did not have time to look at the conservatory beforehand either) – proteas were added as an extra on the tables and the guest favours we brought along were carefully placed and our naked wedding cake was exactly as I envisioned it. Sonwabo, who was in charge of taking care of us and our guests, made sure that the evening turned out to be faultless – even going above and beyond by finding out from the airport whether we would be able to take the top tier of our wedding cake as hand luggage the following day! The food and wine, which guests are still talking about, were out of this world!
And last, but most certainly not least, a special thanks to Stephanie, the wedding coordinator.
Where do I begin to thank you for making our dream come true? The wedding and reception were absolutely spectacular and more than we could have hoped for. Several people told us it was the most beautiful they had attended. I know it was for us. Thank you for our dream wedding! :)

We look forward to returning to The Twelve Apostles Hotel in future!

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank xlizellek
MichaelNel, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2015

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Congratulations once again on your recent marriage! We feel extremely privileged to have been part of your very special memories.

Thank you for choosing The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa to celebrate such a special occasion.

We have a very dedicated team of people who work incredibly hard and who take great pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our guests. I am overjoyed that our team took good care of you whilst here and that Stephanie Hall, our personal wedding co-ordinator, Charity and Sonwabo had such a positive impact on your stay with us and in making your dream wedding come true. All three of them epitomises the service values and ethics we strive to uphold and I will make sure that this is shared with her at our next employee appreciation party.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa on many future anniversaries.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

My husband and I were fortunate enough to stay here for 7 blissful nights. I am not even sure what praising first!

This hotel has views that are spectacular. We stayed in Room 312, which has a view of both the Nature Reserve and the sea. Either direction is special. The rooms are spotless, comfortable and the choice of pillows and duvets is such a nice touch. We were still too hot with the lightest duvets so they made up the beds with covered blankets which were perfect. The rooms are service twice and the staff even take notice of what you have chosen to drink, so the next day you have the special tea and the coffee that you had the day before. I have never come across that level of detail before.

The staff are consistently attentive and polite. From the door greeters to reception to the waiters, barmen and maître d's. We found that the evening staff at the Azure restaurant were particularly excellent. We ate there twice, the menu is not one of fine dining pretentiousness, but rather beautifully prepared meals, fine wines at reasonable costs and a knowledgeable sommelier.

The Leopard Bar has all the finest brands, including our favourite Hendriks Gin, which they know to serve with cucumber. The comfy couches, snacks and the musicians make this such a pleasant experience for sundowners.

The Spa is good, not the best I have been to, we had a pleasant couples massage in their rooms outside, the walk there is a bit tricky with slippers on, the facial was a let down as I specifically asked for a deep cleanse and when they don't have face steamers, one feels short changed and I couldn't help but think they did half a job. My husbands pedicure was well done and a treat.

Breakfasts are fine, if oysters are your thing, then they are special, if not, average offering, no special fruit which was a little disappointing, but everything else fresh and delicious, hot breakfasts to order are perfect.

I could keep waxing on, but you need to go to appreciate how special this place is and compared to Bushmens (which has been voted SA's best) and Oyster Box, both of which are great, the 12 Apostles, beats them. We have now been totally spoilt as far as accommodation in CT goes. We will be back.

Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank Bernice B
Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

Stayed four nights. The staff were fabulous and very helpful. The spa treatments were divine, however the spa hot pools didn't really do it for us. Room was excellent, clean and apart from a bump in the bed excellent. The leopard bar was brilliant and the staff again amazing.
Azure restaurant exceeded expectations on the first night but on the last night failed to deliver after two hours (literally) so we gave up. Early flight the next day meant just leaving before main course arriving - the staff apologised and acknowledged they should have done better and our disappointment but nothing further. Breakfast coffee and toast was slow. Shuttle guys were brilliant and it ran like clockwork. An excellent idea and concierge were good too.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
MichaelNel, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa.

It saddens me to read that you were not entirely happy with your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the dinner service you received in the Azure restaurant was inconsistent and I hope you will accept my reassurances that our restaurant staff responsible for providing this service have been given a reminder about the standards we expect.

Thank you for helping us to improve our operation and services, since it is often only when guests highlight issues that we can take whatever remedial action may be necessary to prevent a similar situation spoiling a stay for another guest.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

My husband and I chose 12 Apostles for our wedding last month when we married in Cape Town because of its renowned standing and service.

Unfortunately we had a few hiccups before we arrived and a few more when we got there that truly do not reflect the standard and service we have come to know and love

However...

There were a few stars during our visit and we have to say the team did their very best to turn everything around.

I want to extend both my husband's and my sincere and utmost thanks to Willem for making our day one to remember. You gave such personal attention and ensured that the two of us were never without water, champagne and most of all you took away the worry, Phumla and Romy you two were super stars materialising out of no where whenever we needed anything. Chef , just WOW the food was absolutely amazing.

Thank you guys for making our day so wonderful and one we will never forget.

Candice, thank you for taking care of throughout our stay. You are an asset to 12 Apostles and any hotel would be lucky to have you as Guest Relations Manager.

Gavin, thank you for listening to our concerns and frustrations and for your promise to look at addressing these with the relevant teams.

On a completely separate note we were due to stay at Bushmans Kloof in Koro Lodge following our wedding but due to unforeseen circumstance Red Carnation had to book us out and I wanted to say the following about how 12 Apostles handled this situation…

We were briefed early that there were concerns and that an update would be with us as soon as possible. This was given to us by Gavin the Deputy GM but had been initially advised by our wedding coordinator at the hotel, Stpehanie. On the day of our departure the hotel took the decision that we could not proceed to our next destination and Gavin went beyond in sourcing an experience that would rival Bushmans Kloof what we had hope to enjoy. Gavin you certainly succeeded and we thoroughly enjoyed Grootbos – THANK YOU!

Michael, thank you to you as well for your part in ensuring that our honeymoon was a memorable one and for also for looking after us for one more night before we came back to London.

This trip was a bit of a roller coaster however I absolutely do believe that you guys have the best product and team, now you just need sort out the detail and I know you will take the crown and be service kings as well!

Room Tip: Request a sea-view suite with a terrace, balcony or garden
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Congratulations once again on your recent marriage! We are delighted to have been a part of your very special memories.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

Naturally I was very disappointed to learn of the “hiccups” you experienced, particularly as we receive so much positive feedback about the hotel and we are sorry that you did not experience our usual high service standards.

Please rest assured that we have taken your comments on board and will be reviewing service in the areas that you have highlighted to ensure that your experience was a most unfortunate once off and that other guests do not encounter similar situations in future.

Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention, we truly value your feedback.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

To the brilliant team at 12A! I just want to say such a very big thank you for all your efforts over the past week with our conference! You all been so extremely helpful, kind, patient and of course the service has been absolutely TOP CLASS!! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate everything you have done to make this conference such a success and for making my job so much easier!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
MichaelNel, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2015

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

It is very rewarding to hear that your recent conference at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa was such a success for you and your company!

The team at The Twelve Apostles is thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and would like to invite you to also experience our other properties, Bushman’s Kloof and The Oyster Box, which form part of the wider Red Carnation Family.

Many thanks for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.