All reviews hot tub our honeymoon cape town indoor pool camps bay attention to detail on arrival breakfast was delicious after an overnight flight rose petals la mouette restaurant recommendations welcome drink taxis are cheap arrange taxis garden route small hotel
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Stayed here with my husband for 6 nights. From the moment we walked in we were greeted by their warm and friendly staff. They ensured we had everything we needed and more, and made outstanding recommendations for tours, restaurants and other local tips.

Our room was beautiful - spacious and very nicely decorated. The hotel facilities were also great, we had a massage in the O Spa which was very relaxing - Ashlyn is amazing and very friendly. The breakfast was fantastic, especially the omelettes, pancakes and cappuccino.

The OOK staff - Vanda, Diva, Romi & Sheppard - made us feel at home and made our trip a memorable one. We will definitely be staying here again in our home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaniGM20
OonKloofHotel, Manager at O on Kloof Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Dear

Thank you for the review and your positive feedback.

We are happy your enjoyed your stay, hotel facilities, our famous breakfast, your room and service we offer.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

I am not sure what I was expecting. I was researching this hotel prior to booking my trip to South Africa. I noticed my travel agent also had it advertised on their website, so I decided it was fate and dove in for the commitment! I know this isn't a 4/5 * hotel, and that isn't what I was looking for. This is a boutique hotel, a true boutique hotel that makes lovers of special accommodation, curious, envious, interested. From the second I walked through the gate, I was swept off my feet and placed on a sofa and handed a glass of prosecco (after a 16 hour journey, what a welcome surprise). I was introduced to Vanda and the staff and we had a few chats about what I was interested in doing, and dinner options that may be available to me. I agreed to a dinner selection, grabbed some other flyers and went down to my room, which magically already had all of my stuff in it :-). I had specifically asked for a deluxe room with a balcony, however, this is not what I got. I did ask the travel agent, in all fairness, and never directly to the hotel.. Having said this, the room was fabulous. Spacious, with a comfortable bed and a lovely, large bathroom. The bar area was inviting and the staff were friendly as could be, with a complimentary fortified wine, that got me every time...yum. Breakfast was hard to beat with delicious coffee, a cold buffet as well as warm eggs, offered a variety of styles. The spa was very nice. I had two massages during my stay. What a friendly lady, and she gives a mean (good) massage. Every night I took the suggestions of the hotel, on where to eat dinner, and again, I want to offer a huge thank you for never letting me down. There is a certain dynamic to traveling alone, and when you find such a warm caring place to stay, like O on Kloof, you never feel alone. Staying in this hotel made my stay in Cape Town very special, and to all of you, I thank you!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank T G

Dear T G

Thank you for taking the time to write the review.
It was an absolute pleasure looking after you and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to O on Kloof in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel was very disappointing and nothing close to a 5 star hotel. If you are renting a car there are only 3 or 4 parking spaces (unless you find a place on the side of the street). Once you come in the gate the front entrance is pretty but that's it. The rooms are dated. The bathroom was very poorly lit. The cable TV didn't work well and we had to reset the box every time we changed the channel more than a few times. There was mold in the shower. The "breakfast" was a basic continental (yogurt, dry cereal, fruit and maybe a croissant if u get there early enough). The room-service menu was very small and didn't include dinner. Lastly, the Internet was slow.
All in all, if you are looking for an actual 5 star hotel, look elsewhere.... The only good thing about this place is the staff. Everyone is very friendly and helpful but the hotel leaves a lot to be desired.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elle_Alana
OonKloofHotel, Owner at O on Kloof Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Dear Elle_Alana

Thank you for your feedback. With regret we hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us as we pride ourselves on offering great service and always do our utmost to address guest issues immediately- we wish you would have brought your issues to our attention during your stay.

Our rooms are constantly being upgraded and are undergoing upgrades at the moment.

TV Decoders were upgraded recently and there are instructions in the Information folder of how to work them. We are looking into this problem to insure this is rectified.

We are sorry to hear you did not join us for our delicious full english breakfast we offer daily. We have a cold buffet to start with a selection of cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit, croissants and juices and then offer a hot menu cooked to order. We always have freshly baked croissants available and should we run out we are happy to bake more should guests require.

Our room service menu offers great dinner and light meal options and is available until 22h00 daily. We also offer the option of ordering in from a large selection of top restaurants available in the area.

The hotel provides complimentary WiFi as well as boosters throughout the hotel. Our boosters were recently upgraded to strengthen the signal throughout the property but we will look into this.

Thank you very much for complimenting our staff as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service.

We wish you many happy returns to Cape Town.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

We started our trip to South Africa by staying here. The staff were fantastic. Very helpful in pointing out local places and restaurants to visit. the breakfasts were the nicest of the trip and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ciaran M
OonKloofHotel, Manager at O on Kloof Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Dear Ciaran M

Tank you for taking the time to write your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure to share with you some of our city insights.
We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed 6 nights at O on Kloof. A fantastic hotel with even better staff. Staff were so attentive and couldn't do enough for us, they really made the experience. Good location, easy to reach all the main attractions.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear roundtheworldtripUk

Thank you for staying with us - it was a pleasure hosting you. Enjoy the rest of your trip and see you back soon in your Cape Town Home:)