“Enjoyed every minute”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Rustenburg
Netherlands
“Enjoyed every minute”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Had a fantastic time at this hotel at the beginning of April. Didn't have any complaints at all. It is a great family hotel and I realise why it was so busy with guests checking in for the Easter weekend.The surroundings were beautiful and the grounds kept very clean. The staff were very friendly and it looked like they enjoyed what they did.
The room we had didn't have a very modern TV in it (compared to our fellow traveller's room) but we weren't there to watch TV the whole time anyway and only had it on once for a bit of music.
I looked forward to the meal times and was impressed with the selection of food that was available. we had also chosen this hotel due to its proximity to Sun City and I would really recommend staying at this hotel instead of the exorbitant prices of the Sun city hotels (that even I as an overseas visitor found extremely high).
My son and I also did the canopy tour which I really recommend. It was a lot of laughs (thanks to T.J and his gang).
To end off, we thought that my son's wallet was lost/stolen and had no idea when or where it had disappeared . We got a phone call last week saying that it had been found stuck between the two beds and it was being sent to relatives in SA. What an honesty.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Sparkling Waters near Maglieberg and Rustenberg is a decent 3 star hotel with good facilities and friendly staff. The surroundings are beautiful and provide relief from the hustle and bustle of the city.

The bedrooms and bathrooms are slightly outdated and in need of some refurbishment, however, they are adequate for a few nights stay. Tea and Coffee are provided each night. The windows don’t close fully so you could get a surprise in the evening when you find a frog under your bed as some of my colleagues experienced.

The conference centre is also well looked after with drinks supplied regularly. The pool looked clean and enjoyable. There was also a jungle gym and putt putt on the hotel grounds.

The breakfast was simple and fine – what you can expect from a 3 star place. The hotel organised halaal lunch and dinner for me from one of the external suppliers which was great.

I would go back, if the price was low and comparable to other 3 star hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Boksburg, South Africa
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My wife was feeling stressed out and unwell after a tough year. So I reckoned we would escape to a place where we could rest, not worry about cooking, and where she could be pampered.
We have been to Sparkling Waters before - mainly to experience the local canopy tour. That had been great fun and I remembered how comfortable we were at this hotel, and how she enjoyed the spa treatments.
So we left home on a Friday afternoon in December and spent two nights here. It was as good as it was before, if not better. At ZAR 660 pp (off season), it's pretty good value - considering that it includes a full buffet breakfast and dinner.
My wife enjoyed a manicure, pedicure and hot stone massage. I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure and enjoyed the free time to do some reading.
There were a couple of maintenance issues which must have been due to vandalism from previous tenants. We also had our early morning lie-in disturbed by kids outside on skateboards. Apart from these, the stay was very comfortable and we are likely to take a break here again.

Room Tip: 1. Half of the rooms surround the pool, games and play area. These are more suited to families with...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoamingNut
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Stayed here for a long weekend during peak season. Although the hotel looks a bit run-down in some instances, the friendly staff and attentive service makes up for it. It is a typical family holiday hotel where most of your time will be spent around the pool. Food was surprisingly good although the buffet lines sometimes got a bit long. If you go I would recommend the Canopy Tours but give the spa a miss.

• Stayed December 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 November 2011

While yes, sparkling waters may look basic and your run of the mill family holiday resort. And well it kinda is. But what makes Sparkling waters great is the staff. Never before have I had interactions with staff members that were this good. The one waiter named Papi, was amazing. always with a smile on his face, anticipating our needs and just being a all round nice guy.
Over at the zip lines, Donny and Weezy made the day out even better. They where professional and fun to be around. Donny could be a stand up comedian, i've never seen one man keep a group of people laughing for that long.
The rooms are basic and could do with a little update, but nothing to complain about.
The food is very good, the Buffalo wings are amazing.
But again, the staff really make this place.

Personally I really enjoy my time there.

Room Tip: Room numbered 32 to 39 are far away from the main areas.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Justin M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rustenburg
30.5 km away
19.9 km away
Budmarsh Country Lodge
Budmarsh Country Lodge
#2 of 7 in Magaliesburg

Been to Sparkling Waters Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!