Mattanu Private Game Reserve
USD 85
Kimberley Club(Kimberley)
Villa Palma(Kimberley)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

This was such an incredible stay! The entire staff was very accomodating and our group was treated like family. The food was some of the best Ive ever had, and the rooms were very luxurious and clean for very reasonable rates. Our game driver, Andre, was very entertaining and made sure to provide really interesting facts about the amazing wildlife we saw on game drives! I will definitely stay here again the next time Im in South Africa!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2016

I was on a Veterinary study abroad course in June of 2016. Everything and everyone at Mattanu was incredible. The staff made us feel welcomed right from the start. We were greeted at the door and then offered and assortment of tea and juices. The accommodations were spectacular. It felt like a home away from home. I could not have felt more included or cared about. The food was great and there was always enough for thirds! I have food allergies and they were so helpful in making sure that my needs were met. We were able to all go out and do the game drives together in one vehicle, all 17 of us! We saw so many animals and the guides were so knowledgeable. They also listened to what we wanted to see and find that day. We saw rare roan, golden oryx, golden wildebeest, giraffe, cape buffalo, and so much more. There was this family atmosphere to our whole trip, because of the wonderful people who worked there. Dr. Kriek and his family have an amazing business and I can not wait to go back!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2016

The people and area are both amazing! It was clear that this was a family run game reserve and it was amazing. They were so nice, welcoming, helpful, and truly made my trip to South Africa the best it could be. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

What an incredibly amazing time!! Everyone was very nice, and the food was great. Andre, our guide, was amazing and very knowledgeable! It was definitely a wonderful opportunity, and I will always remember my time there with fond memories. I hope one day I have the opportunity to go back!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2016

The most wonderful weekend ever. Thank you for your hospitality. The food was great and our guide had such a great sense of humour. The tours were very insightful. We felt right at home the moment we were received from the gate with the friendliest staff.

Room Tip: book in advance to secure a thatched suite, because the views are just amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family