All reviews shopping mall self catering big mall ground floor clean pool would stay again fully equipped kitchen own meals beds were comfortable location is great stayed for nights family room en route easy access home away from home microwave lounge
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We stayed for 2 nights, great location directly across from the mall and supermarket to get supplies for self catering, huge room and well equipped kitchen. Friendly staff and secure premises. Would stay again, great price!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Karien76, Rooms Division Manager at Mercure Nelspruit, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Kez D,

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I stayed for a night at Mercure Nelspruit and I have to say that the space they occupy is huge and centrally located. I arrived around 11pm tired after a 4 hour driving. Arrived at the hotel and in that day the weather was freezing. I had to wait in the reception for very long because their system was not able to activate the magnetic keys. Then the person who was attending me decided to call his colleague to escort me to the room and open it with a master key. We went to the room I reserved and it could not be opened using the master key either. Then they tried the master key in another room and it worked. We walked in the room and it was a total disappointment for us. In the bad there was torn cushions and the furniture should definitely be replaced. I hope the management considers this. I've stayed in Mercure in Groningen many years ago and I was expecting a similar quality of service in Nelspruit, but they are far far away

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Omostico,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Nelspruit Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Over the last 4 years, when I go for a weekend in Nelspruit, I usually stay at the Mercure Hotel. It's got a good environment, it's conveniently located, besides Ilanga Mall, it's pricing has a great cost-benefit ratio.This time however, I noticed that hotel has had any make over since I began staying there. I'd like to suggest the management to consider renovating in phases the accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Marozal,

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2018

We stayed at this establishment a few years ago and I must say that I was disappointed at how things had deteriorated in terms of room condition. The carpet needed a good cleaning or replacement. The vinyl covering the bathroom sink was partially missing. We were not provided with drinking glasses. The room was equipped with a microwave and stove top but utensils and crockery were basically missing. Maybe we just got a discounted rate on the room because of its state of disrepair. But on the positive side, the location is great being adjacent to a large shopping center. The reception area and lobby as well as the grounds were nicely maintained and there was good security. We have always found staying at the Mercure a positive experience and hope that our stay in this room is an isolated situation.

Stayed: June 2018
Karien76, Rooms Division Manager at Mercure Nelspruit, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Alameda,

Reviewed 24 July 2018

The rooms were clean and they came to provide additional service, when we couldn't figure out the heating system. They also provided addtl towels,and were helpful with directions to nearby eating places. Their restaurant had good food at reasonable prices.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank jmphillips60
Karien76, Rooms Division manager at Mercure Nelspruit, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Jmphillip

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Nelspruit Hotel.