Mariu Guest House
USD 100
Protea Hotels
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 112/night.

USD 67
TripAdvisor
Likweti Lodge(Nelspruit)
USD 223
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2014 via mobile

Spent a night @Mariu.A beautiful Gem stack in the middle of a serene environment. The ambience was as per had been anticipated.C & R hats off to you and will definitely come back.Thanks for the detailed attention accorded.
Jim -Maputo

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank jim k
Reviewed 9 September 2014

Ralph kindly rescued me when I had to extend my stay in Nelspruit and could not extend my reservation in the B&B I was staying at. I felt immediately at home thanks to his and Charlene's great hospitality. They are both extremely pleasant and resourceful. I loved the renovated room, which I found extremely beautiful and functional. Breakfast was also great. Above all, I appreciated the overall atmosphere of the B&B where all guests are Mariu's friends and become automatically friends among themselves.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed in Mariu for 1 night, coming from Kruger an heading to Johanesburg. We were very well received by Charlene and Ralph that were extremely helpful and caring. The house is a beautiful constrution, with a tree passing through the meal room, surrounded by a well cared garden. The house is located in a quiet and luxury neighborhood, nearby all the malls and main roads.
Breakfast was not included in the reservation, we ordered it at extra cost of R75 but we found it a little bit poor, having no cheese or ham/salamie over the table, however, i asked for a toast that came with and excellent raped cheese. Home made muffins were delicious and fresh fruit available.
As a minus sign, the curtains in the rooms are not thick enough to avoid a reasonable quatity of light passing through, specially in the luxury room at the back that has a light flood projector hitting the room's window, not a problem for everyone but it partially ruined my sleep.

Room Tip: Choose the luxury room with view to the swimming pool
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed there for one night one the way back from Kruger Park. We were unsure about the location because there are no signs of the guest house, but the GPS was spot on and the owners opened for us when they noticed we were hesitating. We were told the lack of sign is for safety. As in many places in SA, you get the security cameras, barb wire, etc. which are freaky for a European.
I thought the owners were extremely efficient, nice without being ''over the top'' friendly, giving clear information, able to adapt the breakfast time to a very early start.
The swimming pool was extremely enjoyable. Room on the small side, but still very comfortable. The main problem was the noise of other guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We spent a night at Mariu Guest House on the way to Kruger Park. We could not find any better place. The owners are kind and helpful. The room was perfect as well as the breakfast. Highly recommended!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends