“Great Indian in Ballito”

Thava Indian Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 97 Restaurants in Ballito
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

First visit this year and won't be the last. As usual the restaurant lived up to expectations with good food, welcoming and efficient service and an overall great dining experience.
Very busy with some large parties but we're told this may cause some delay but in the end nothing out of the way.
A real Indian curry and not the Durban variety which are not my favourite. Like spice then n try the Chettinadu. My wife had the prawn biryani which was excellent, full of prawns and some rich flavours.

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Had cocktail and Indian food. The service and food was average. Good cocktails l, although a bit overpriced.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Went with my husband and friend. Service was good. Food was amazing. Wonderful vegetarian selection. My second visit. There will be more.

Reviewed 20 January 2017

I was immediately impressed with the great welcome we got followed by the excellent service. They are flexible and accommodating and our waitress displayed a sense of anticipation regarding our needs. The menu is extensive but what we found particularly pleasing was the tapas ( t) portion options. We spread our wings and were able to sample a wide range of dishes. They cater for the 'multiple' shared meals which makes the dining experience a very social event. The food is well prepared and tasty and at reasonable process but I hesitate to comment on the wine list only to say that we heard that the wine is generally on the expensive side. All in all a great addition to the Ballito restaurant scene.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Thava is in a good location if you are staying t Zimbali. I felt this restaurant was seriously lacking in Indian atmosphere. No candles just bright lights when sitting by the pool which has a gorgeous blue light. Just seemed to lack a romantic authentic feeling , candles will sort it out in a second.
The food was good. But not amazing also lacking that old fashioned Indian flavour that you would normally get in Natal. And no pompadoms!
Nearly all the wine we ordered from the menu was not available. So just had to keep going until we found something we liked which we did. We did go just Before new year but still no excuse to check stocks. Our evening was very enjoyable. Would I go there again? Yes but hoping they sort the lighting and wine list out.