“Awesome food.”

Gianni's Beachfront Ristorante
Ranked #9 of 96 Restaurants in Ballito
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated on ballito's beachfront overlooking the beach, dolphins are regularly seen as well as whales in season. We offer the best thin based pizza's, cooked in a wood fired oven, pasta's, grills and ofcourse our seafood! Load shedding isn't a problem - we have a generator.
Reviewed 14 May 2015

We liked the menu as we checked it out on the afternoon and and back for dinner.

The views are great, even at night.

We were blown away by the food.

We opted for a combination of starters add ordered too many as the portions were larger than we expected.

But it was with it. The focaccia was like a pizza and large.

The smoked trout great. The mussels tasty. The Carici DI Avo? Salad was so good we wrote down all the ingredients so we can make it at home.

Recommended!

2  Thank GeoNomadness

Reviewed 10 May 2015

The first time I went to Gianni's, it was to pop into the bathroom. The owner looked at me with such disdain, I vowed never to return until one evening, one man converted us into patrons for life. Jan, the manager, is truly the flagship of superb service that reigns at this divine eaterie. Here, one can explore beatific views, while you taste buds savour the flavour of a menu set to surpass your wildest imagination, served timeously. Don't eat the tiramasu, what ever you do. Lest you never leave. It's to die for and worthwhile returning to time and time again.

3  Thank angelove2015
Reviewed 7 May 2015

We have lived in ballito over two years & was told not to go to this restaurant our friends had a very bad experience , sun was a lovely day & we wanted to eat with a view ,we arrived after a busy lunch & got a perfect seat ,stunning views , on a whole our experience was okay , think we was just happy the food fine ,I had prawns half chicken ,which takes forty mins to cook ! The other meal ordered was a seafood platter ,which was also okay ,nothing was outstanding apart from the view ,if I had read all the reviews first would not have gone ,i don't like paying for a meal & a 50% chance it's going to be okay ,I want to know my meal is going to be good ,after reading all the other reviews would I go back I don't know ,there are to many other restaurants that you know you going to get good service ,good food !!

1  Thank Gmcgregordurban
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Went for breakfast and this was the best value for money. Even on a Monday morning out of season the owner was there to welcome us. Omelette was enough for 2 people and very affordable. Best view of any restaurant in Ballito.

3  Thank Sas D
Reviewed 5 May 2015

Lovely view and a lovely breakfast even though I did order French toast and got pancakes instead , it was still lovely

3  Thank Suanne F