“Lovely evening”

Ming Bow Chinese Restaurant & Take-Away
Ranked #90 of 138 Restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks
Reviewed 23 August 2016

This a great place if you want a good Chinese evening. One of the very few Chinese restaurants left. A large variety of different menus. Delicious food.
They have revamped the restaurant and it looks authentic. It is family run. The service is fabulous and they go out of their way to make you feel at home.
A great evening had by all.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

That's the most tasteless and boring Chinese food I've ever had I my life. Your so called sweet and sour sauce tasted like something I can't even describe. The noodles were sticky and tasteless, the chicken (not sure what it actually was) was just deep fried and only tasted of frying oil.
And don't get me started how the food looked!! And absolutely disappointment.
Won't even be back for a second chance.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Ming Bow Chinese goes back with my family since my kids were babies. My Son is now 29 and Daughter is 24. Always good food and nice owners and staff. Actually a nice feel about the restaurant to, more casual than fancy interior, but interesting,

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We felt like having Chinese food for the evening. After searching tripadvisor we found this place not highly rated but the best Chinese in Umhlanga. We started with soup that tasted like dishwater with salt. Each course after that just got worse. Even the rice was not the tipe you get in Chinese restaurants. The sweet and sour sauce tasted like vinegar and the chicken was tough. After careful consideration our family voted this the worst restaurant we have ever eaten in.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Lovely chinese place just around the corner from the Protea hotel, We ordered the set menu No 1, which the price was excellent and the cost of drinks was unbelievable (club prices) The food very tasty and plenty of it as well. Well worth a visit if you like chinese food and value for money