USD 105
Brevisbrook(Pietermaritzburg)
Africa's Eden B&B(Pietermaritzburg)
Acacia Bush Lodge(Pietermaritzburg)
TripAdvisor
Albert Falls Country Estate(Pietermaritzburg)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Very good place, nice and big rooms, secure area beautiful scenery. Easy access near to motorway and shopping mall. Staff were helpful. Children play area and swimming pool were so nice keep the kids entertained.

Room Tip: Big room's
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
MONICA P, Manager at Lincoln Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Good Day,

We thank you greatly for a super review!

We hope to see you and your family again next December!

All the best for the New Year - :)

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed at these cottages (we booked out the entire establishment) with family whilst attending a wedding in the area. Did not see the owners and poor management presence over the 3 days. Breakfast was ok and each cottage is in need of some form of minor investment on essentials! Average at best!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
MONICA P, Manager at Lincoln Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2016

Dear Geoff,

Thank you for your review.

Firstly, the owners are also entitled to a family holiday over the festive season with their loved ones and yes they were away while you and your family were staying here but that is why they have me, the manager, to run the place and look after the business during times like this. In regards to your "poor management" comment - please take note of the following: On the day of check in: I was there the entire day, I checked everyone in and I was in communication with Lindy quite a bit (in fact, the entire weekend) and after checking everyone in I did not leave to go back to my office until I was 100% sure that everyone was happy.On the Saturday: Myself and my staff were up super early making breakfast for you and your family and might I add just in real quick that I did call Lindy quite a bit during that weekend to check up. Also, whenever you needed ANYTHING, I was always here and I always answer my telephone and cellphone calls IF you had called.That Saturday, the night of the 17th, some of your family came to visit and they were lost here at reception, I took them all the way around to 11A Grimthorpe and I even transported some of them in my vehicle. Go ahead and please ask Lindy, as she was waiting at the bottom and she still thanked me. On the Sunday: I woke up early with my staff and did breakfast, I also did pass through the cottages in the morning and greeted some guests that were staying there. Also, Sunday's are my days off however that particular Sunday I was here on the property the entire day. On the Monday: Your day of check out, we woke up early, did breakfast,I came down to the cottages to apologize for that one incident that occurred and to give you guys a gift from our B&B (which you left behind anyway). Obviously the times I was down at the cottages you weren't there or simply did not see me. However, even ask Lindy how she kept thanking me on my hospitality. Please do not accuse of such when you do not have your facts 100%, especially in regards to my managerial skills as I work extremely hard in keeping this B&B up to standards. As well as I can confirm that all of my cottages have everything you need in regards to essentials because I do my checklists every week and I specifically double checked my cottages before you and your family checked in. And we are still waiting for our Chateau keys that you and your family left with, are we getting them back or should we invoice you?Nonetheless, we hope you have a great New Year ahead.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

The furniture looks a bit tired, the cottages are a good size, the check in is across the road and you have to drive to the other side, the breakfast is served on time as per your request. I found the place adequate for a stop over though a bit away from the city centre, so its excellent for a quiet time.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
MONICA P, Manager at Lincoln Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Dear Liyabee,

Trust you are well.

We are glad that breakfast was on time for you.

The check in process is stated on your invoice and confirmation letter - we are a very big property therefore the entrance to our cottages is different to our reception entrance.

Which cottage did you stay in? As all of our cottages are very modern and have great furniture as well as flat screen TV's on the wall.

Nonetheless, we trust you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you back here again soon :)

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

I would definitely recommend Lincoln cottages to anyone who wants a peaceful, affordable and comfortable holiday, a home away from home. The setup is absolutely lovely, love the decor especially the kitchen. It's private and very cosy. Close to all amenities. Staff is very friendly as well as the owners. If u have children there is a jungle gym on the premises. It is safe n u have ur own parking. My fiance n I really enjoyed our holiday at Lincoln cottages.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kurshia B

Dear Kurshia,

What an absolute pleasure to have you and your fiance stay here!

We hope to have you stay here with us soon again.

Take care and regards,

Reviewed 12 September 2016

I had an amazing stay at Lincoln Cottages! My cottage was perfect for me and had everything I needed. Great staff and the attention to detail paid to me made me feel like I was the only one there! It was a comfortable and pleasurable stay for me during my business trip!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business