“Hidden treasure”

Rosehurst
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Just google it - Rosehurst Pietermaritzburg
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Very special place with lots of small surprises. A lovely garden and very friendly service. They not only cater for you but there are second hand books, some vintage articles and some creative offers as well.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

This is our favorite stop in Pmb. With such friendly staff and super owner Candice. Everything so beautifully layed out and interesting.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I visited Rosehurst a few days ago, although I have been many times. Patrons can be assured that Pietermaritzburg’s hidden gem is as welcoming, quirky, magical, relaxing, delicious and delightful as always. Such a treat. Staff there are so friendly!

2  Thank DominicWieners
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I took my grown up daughter for lunch at Rosehurst last week- to show her the beautiful gardens and quirky little shops and enjoy a select healthy meal. It was so disappointing. I’m not sure whether it was the stifling heat but the student waitresses and the manager in charge were really unfriendly and made us feel most unwelcome. If it wasn’t for the friendly, helpful lady behind the gift counter, I would have thought it was my own fault.

Service was bad; and our dishes lack lustre. You have to get up to read the menu board which only had four options apart from taking the breakfast option. I unfortunately went for the latter. A tired Muffin and dried out scramble egg and salmon bits was my unlucky choice. My daughters lentil salad looked quite impressive but was tasteless as well.

Rosehurst is looking tired and needs some personal attention and enthusiasm thrown into it. Not sure I’ll ever visit again or recommend it to anyone either.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Such an exquisite and beautiful place in PMB. Truly a hidden gem. Lovely welcoming drink and delicious different scones. Staff are incredibly kind and friendly.
The shop and books are also well worth a good browse through.
Definitely my new favourite place!!

1  Thank Lauren D