“A taste of Ethiopia”
Review of Habesha Cafe

Habesha Cafe
Ranked #127 of 736 Restaurants in Durban
Reviewed 22 August 2018

The wonderful art on the walls drew me in and the humble yet tasteful decor and service won me over. I tried the speciality coffee and the meat & veg tasting plate. Delicious. The tastes were new to me and surprising, good surprising. The owners are lovely and if you take the time to chat you can get a bit of background on the food and the cafe which hosts a number of cultural events. Great place.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Habesha Café is a hot spot here in Durban and in Glenwood in particular. So far I have tried 4 different meals on their menu and i have not been disappointed. The coffee experience was also good.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I love going to Habesha.
1. The waiters are friendly and they give you enough time to look at the menu, ask questions and take your order.
2. The owner is also really friendly to both the customers and his staff. We had a new waiter serving us and she broke a glass; the owner told her not to worry about it and picked it up himself.
3. The food is really good. Big portions, very generous.
4. The wine selection is limited but there's always a G & T.
5. What enriched the experience for me was that when we were leaving, the owner told us he had traditional Ethiopian beer left over from a business dinner he hosted the night before, he asked us if we would like to try it (for free), we did and we loved it.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

What a gem in Glenwood. Was so excited to find this cosy little spot. The food is so tasty and the service impeccable.

Not licenced yet but only R20 cottage on wine and if I'm not mistaken R5 for beers. Nice selection of non alcoholic beverages

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We enjoyed the food and the drum lesson on Wednsday night was great fun!!! It was very pleasant sitting outside at the cafe.

Date of visit: May 2016