“A very good culinary adventure”
Review of Habesha Cafe

Habesha Cafe
Ranked #127 of 736 Restaurants in Durban
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Habesha Café is a hot spot here in Durban and in Glenwood in particular. So far I have tried 4 different meals on their menu and i have not been disappointed. The coffee experience was also good.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I love going to Habesha.
1. The waiters are friendly and they give you enough time to look at the menu, ask questions and take your order.
2. The owner is also really friendly to both the customers and his staff. We had a new waiter serving us and she broke a glass; the owner told her not to worry about it and picked it up himself.
3. The food is really good. Big portions, very generous.
4. The wine selection is limited but there's always a G & T.
5. What enriched the experience for me was that when we were leaving, the owner told us he had traditional Ethiopian beer left over from a business dinner he hosted the night before, he asked us if we would like to try it (for free), we did and we loved it.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

What a gem in Glenwood. Was so excited to find this cosy little spot. The food is so tasty and the service impeccable.

Not licenced yet but only R20 cottage on wine and if I'm not mistaken R5 for beers. Nice selection of non alcoholic beverages

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We enjoyed the food and the drum lesson on Wednsday night was great fun!!! It was very pleasant sitting outside at the cafe.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

I've visited Habesha Cafe a few times in Durban and it is always a treat. They have wonderful vegetarian options, delicious meat dishes, and a great bottled beer selection as well. The decor is modest, but you can dine al fresco just about year-round in Durban. They are very reasonably priced and I always leave with a happy, full belly and a smile on my face.

Date of visit: December 2016