“Overrated and disappointing bunny!”
Review of CaneCutters

CaneCutters
Ranked #19 of 736 Restaurants in Durban
Price range: USD 1 - USD 4
Description: CaneCutters is an Authentic local Indian restaurant in trendy Glenwood, Durban. Experience the world famous durban indian bunny chow of which we are officially the best in Durban, South Africa and therefore best in the world over as this is unique to Durban. Serving Durban style Indian curries, using recipes handed down to us from our forefathers the CaneCutters.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had to try out this restaurant and bunny chow that’s been getting all the hype on social media.
We were super excited, only to be super disappointed when our food arrived.
What was supposed to be gravy was just a whole lot of spices. The curry was also very salty. I managed to pick out the meat and returned my plate with the remaining bread and curry which could not be consumed.
It was honesty one of the worst bunnies I’ve had and I have no idea why there’s all this hype about this bunny at this restaurant.
We also ordered veg breyani and soji, which was also very average.
Quite sad for a durban restaurant with such hype to be serving such food.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I have never sat down and had bunny chow it’s normally a take away.

We decided to pop in and try the bunny chow we had the lamb and chicken and butter deluxe quarter and it was simply delicious. The samosas were also really delicious.

If you feel like trying a truly authentic and different dish this is where you should be at.

Sibusiso was our waiter and not only did he provide second to none service he was attentive made the right suggestions and was a really friendly man.
Thank you for making our meal even better with your great service you are an asset to this company.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Great Bunny chow. The place is very clean and the services is very good. Prices are very reasonable. We were there on a Saturday and it was very busy and when we left there were a lot of people waiting for a table so avoid busy times. The food was very good.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Reading some mixed reviews on here I was a little weary. We really wanted to try Bunny Chow and decided on Cane Cutters. We were not disappointed, the place is in a decent location on a corner where there are several bars or restaurants. The place is simple but very clean and the toilet facilities were also very clean. Passing the kitchens everything seemed hygienic as well. We were served by a guy who introduced himself as barracuda and he was cheerful, helpful and attentive. Three of us went for bunny chow and one for a roti, we also had samoosas. Everything was delicious!
If you want to try Durban’s bunny show then this is where you need to go.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I have eaten here previously and the food is consistently good. Glad that they are open on a Sunday. Butter chicken bunny for my 13 year old boy. He thoroughly enjoyed it. I had a broad bean bunny. The wife and daughter shared their signature mutton bunny. Both were delicious. They are generous with their filling. The fish cake starter is the best that i have tasted and packed with flavour. Soji (a semolina based indian dessert) with cream and roasted almonds a perfect end to a lovely meal. Fantastic service from Prennele. By the way I have eaten at a highy recommended indian restaurant In New York over the festive period . My opinion is that our Durban curries are spicier, have a unique flavour and is more delicious than any curry i have had outside of South Africa....well actually outside of Durban Highly recommended.